Hog hunt

Help Support CattleToday:

His native friends in Kauai used to hunt that way. Also, they would set up a 50 gallon drum, closed end downhill, open end up hill. Bait them & wait for a hog to get stuck in the barrel. They would wait for the squealing! They had holes in the barrel that they could reach in & stab them.
Kind of like fish in a barrel?
No optics or timers needed.

Last edited:
I have been researching places on line. If ANYONE knows someone starting up - or established and trustworthy - please send me info. There are LOTS to choose from. Big price differences! Also checking into Axis hunt. Much more expensive! You Texans have pigs "a dime a dozen".

If you go Axis hunting shoot him in the shoulder and put him down. They are not like white tail and go a little bit and lie down. They go until they are out of gas. The country they roam everything will stick you or bite you.

Texas and Florida are the two best places to go hog hunting, given the option you presented I would go hog hunting in Texas. As for guides, We've been with TO Outfitters who runs in west Texas and Double M Outfitters who runs near Houston. Both were great guides.

We just walk out our front door.. I dont know anyone who has paid hog hunts around us, but everyone here hog hunts. A distant neighbor called and said he thought we bought yearlings, but realized they were hogs. Called my husband and he went over and got a few of them. Almost brought me home a live baby... but regained his thoughts. Been there done that... Anywhoot, if you go, shoot as many as you can.....

Latest posts