Birth control = population control.

Help Support CattleToday:

kjonesel":1alrpv1n said:
The "problem" of overpopulation has been around for generations. Daniel Boone moved west because it was way too populated. If you have faith in God he tells us to procreate. Why does mankind consistently try to out think our creator. I use as proof that God will provide one instance of his provision. The average yield per acre for corn here in Indiana has almost tripled just in my lifetime.
This could turn out to be a lengthy discussion but if you study history, population has never been the biggest problem that we have.

The major concern being, throughout history, populations were largely dependent upon agronomy, then industrialization, both of which provide employment for mass population. As we move to technology and service driven, there are just less jobs for mass population. You are right about more production per acre, by less people (a very important factor). As a society, this nations people have never had more free time and had to do less physical labor, and statistically we are at out unhappiest (things like depression, mental illness etc at all time highs). I think it's why sometimes the folks on this board have a skewed view of things(myself included) because we do in fact get a great deal of physical activity at something that is rewarding on a level that transcends finances, or pure intellect. We grow things. And it is rewarding spiritually.

Jogeephus":2mwwfgca said:
I've always believed if you can't feed them you shouldn't breed them. Today everyone is so eager to criticize someone who has too many animals they are unable to properly care for but when it comes to children this negligence is accepted. Even encouraged and rewarded.

I read a book once that said a person should be fruitful and multiply. This book also said you should work six days and rest on the seventh so to me the word "fruitful" means being productive in your work and then and only then should you multiply. This book, though filled with love and charity, also said that those who do not work should not eat.

I see no solution to any of these problems other than more people following the instructions in this book but that is a choice left up to each of us and sadly mentioning the name of this book is frowned upon in far to many places.

People are complicating the issue. I agree. If a family cant feed, clothe, house, educate their own offspring, why should the rest of society be forced to do it for them. If parents could not do this, there would be a lot of suffering kids. Hunger is one of the the best motivators I can think of. Even as animalistic as some in our society has become, when an individual sees their child suffering and knows it is entirely up to them to ease the suffering, I believe most would come to a realization to work and provide. At the same time, they'ld realize that procreation will bring more suffering, unless they work harder, save more and in general become useful citizens of society. For this to work proper, there would have to a set of rules based on liberty that would protect your property from thieves that would steal the fruits of ones labor. Not what we have today. Another good thing that would come from society based on taking care of yourself would be charity. Charity has been lost in todays society. I'm not talking of "forced charity" which is not charity at all.

• Blacks comprise only 13% of the population of America but account for 37% of all abortions.

• Black women are five times more likely to abort than white women.

• 69% of pregnancies among Blacks are unintended, while that number is 54% among Hispanics and 40% of pregnancies among Whites.

• Planned Parenthood, the largest seller of abortions in the United States, has located 80% of its abortion clinics in minority neighborhoods, disproportionally targeting minorities for abortion.
http://www.operationrescue.org/about-ab ... n-america/

I agree with Donald Trump. Black America should be outraged at the democratic party.

W.T":2iegntkq said:
• Blacks comprise only 13% of the population of America but account for 37% of all abortions.

• 69% of pregnancies among Blacks are unintended, while that number is 54% among Hispanics and 40% of pregnancies among Whites.

• Planned Parenthood, the largest seller of abortions in the United States, has located 80% of its abortion clinics in minority neighborhoods, disproportionally targeting minorities for abortion.

I agree with Donald Trump. Black America should be outraged at the democratic party.

Margaret Sanger had a dream too.

TennesseeTuxedo":af08n5c6 said:
W.T":af08n5c6 said:

I agree with Donald Trump. Black America should be outraged at the democratic party.[/quot
Margaret Sanger had a dream too.

http://www.blackgenocide.org/sanger.html

Oh yes she did and it is being fulfilled. By liberal America. My mother had 12 children and times were difficult. I remember a woman asking her if she thought it was fair to have so many kids. Her reply was, Well which one would I choose not to be here? I love my Mother.

I've been thinking about this all day, what problems do we have and face in this country that population control can't fix? Less people = less problems, from the environment to the over crowded jails.

True Grit Farms":1bogv2zl said:
I've been thinking about this all day, what problems do we have and face in this country that population control can't fix? Less people = less problems, from the environment to the over crowded jails.

It's a tough sell in a nation founded upon Puritan principles. From what I have gathered in assorted discussions with folks, most can't marry the concept of population management with their religious/moral conviction. However, this will change over time, especially when viewed in the light of the decreased interest in religion, in general, by the younger generations. Also, as our world continues to 'shrink' rapidly due to technology, the natural result is that independence, indentity,and autonomy cease to be priority. These things are traded for security, or at least the idea of it, and the overall greater good for the group (society).

zirlottkim":3c4qypj3 said:
Control= Anti-Liberty

I agree with your statement, which is why pop mgmt needs to be presented as an option or choice, not a mandate, presuming a person feels overpopulation is a problem. Is the problem really numerical overpopulation? Or is the problem a lack of resources to provide the population with its wants/needs? Is there a problem at all? Worldwide, as the rest of the world catches up to the US standard and quality of life, it becomes rather challenging to meet that demand on resources. Not just food, but timber, steel, oil, clothing, medicine, electricity, garbage disposal, waste mgmt, on and on it goes. It's fascinating really.

TennesseeTuxedo":227m3qqm said:
The problem is, your less desirables are out breeding your desirables. Got to reverse that trend somehow.
You just made my point. The 'less desirables' are living at the expense of the 'desirables'. This is mandated by government. Liberty is the answer to the almost all of our modern problems. Control suppresses ingenuity. The world has never nor never will be perfect. Societies seem to figure out their problems to live decent lives and prosper.....if they are free to do it.

:bs:

Who gets to choose who the 'desirables' are and who the 'undesirables' are?
Who among us, is worthy enough, so close to perfection, and sinless enough to be appointed, anointed, or declare ourselves an entity of that magnitude?

Greybeard, let them choose themselves. Someone on here had one heck of a option for population and quality control. It went something like this, any adult that wanted to could take a one time payment of say $10,000. dollars, once they were sterlized for life no matter your race or gender. And it's a non-refundable deal. I feel like this is a great deal for the conservative minded working folks.

greybeard":8dfhaqql said:
:bs:

Who gets to choose who the 'desirables' are and who the 'undesirables' are?
Who among us, is worthy enough, so close to perfection, and sinless enough to be appointed, anointed, or declare ourselves an entity of that magnitude?
I agree completely. I say the 'undesirables' will slowly become more 'desirable' if government done away welfare and most all social programs.

True Grit Farms":26yceqiq said:
Greybeard, let them choose themselves. Someone on here had one heck of a option for population and quality control. It went something like this, any adult that wanted to could take a one time payment of say $10,000. dollars, once they were sterlized for life no matter your race or gender. And it's a non-refundable deal. I feel like this is a great deal for the conservative minded working folks.
. That's what I had previously mentioned TG. Took some heat for it too, but at the end of the day, you need to let people choose for themselves, then titles like undesirable or burden on society cease to matter. As previously mentioned, offer incentives to be prudent, not incentives to be the opposite.

Lot's of folks talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. A prime example is all those folks that take government subsidies and cost shares, and then talk bad about welfare and foodstamps.
I'll never be able to figure that one out.

True Grit Farms":3mlf3hkk said:
No doubt.
The problem with that ill thought out idea, is that those most likely to accept it and make use of it are the same people in your last sentence--those "conservative minded working folks" that already have all the children they want. Research has also revealed, that we've already been down this road in the 20th century, and it's not the poor urban dwellers that choose sterilization--it's the rural women, which means the very demographic the proponents of this 'idea' most likely want to see purged from the gene pool would not be.
Adolph Hitler tho, is probably grinning from whatever pit of hades he ended up in, upon reading all this--the idea that young men & women are stupid enough to be bought, especially that measley amount.
"There, but for the Grace of He we are not allowed to speak of here, go I"

greybeard":1kvy90cp said:
True Grit Farms":1kvy90cp said:
No doubt.
The problem with that ill thought out idea, is that those most likely to accept it and make use of it are the same people in your last sentence--those "conservative minded working folks" that already have all the children they want. Research has also revealed, that we've already been down this road in the 20th century, and it's not the poor urban dwellers that choose sterilization--it's the rural women, which means the very demographic the proponents of this 'idea' most likely want to see purged from the gene pool would not be.
Adolph Hitler tho, is probably grinning from whatever pit of hades he ended up in, upon reading all this--the idea that young men & women are stupid enough to be bought, especially that measley amount.
"There, but for the Grace of He we are not allowed to speak of here, go I"

Meh, hard to say who would utilize it. I mean those 'poor urban dwellers' you mention sure utilize abortion clinics (that they pay to use) as previously pointed out. I mean they will line up for a cellphone, govt funded healthcare and food stamps. Why wouldnt they utilize a program like that? I'm not aware of anytime in the 20th century when sterilization for money was ever utilized. Would love to read more on that topic/research. Everyone is for liberty until it challenges their own personal value system. I'm sure Hitler is smiling about many things happening in this country today. Actually, he probably isn't smiling at all.

I've taken cost share, but I worked my butt off to get the percentage the gov pays. If folks on welfare, etc would work, even just community service, and be willing to take drug tests I would have no issues with welfare for those that need it.
SO I guess I'm just as bad as everyone else sucking at the gov teat. What makes it even worse, I draw some disability for CHF from Agent Orange.

Latest posts