Birth dates

Help Support CattleToday:

504RP

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of planning the conception date so that they would know to the month that their baby would be bone ?

Anyone ever heard of planning the conception date so that they would know to the month that their baby would be bone ?
Don't most people do this? "Scheduling" a pregnancy to line up well with work or other commitments is pretty common.

A Friend of mine was born in July a year later his sister was born in July.

His daughter was born in July.
His sisters son was born in July.

What's the odds of something like that happening ?

Don't most people do this? "Scheduling" a pregnancy to line up well with work or other commitments is pretty common.
I haven't ever heard of nothing like that. I guess if the woman didn't conceive. It might interfere with that work schedule or comittments.

Sort of like AI ing cattle !!! Have to try again !!!

I plan for my calving season for a reason. I like having early Spring born calfs. Never heard of people planning on having a baby season ?

When i am bulling, i tend to jump the fence. Not too good with schedules just to work around comments or work. Ain't much telling when a baby of mine might hit the ground !

A Friend of mine was born in July a year later his sister was born in July.

His daughter was born in July.
His sisters son was born in July.

What's the odds of something like that happening ?
144-1
12-1 for siblings
12-1 for parent offspring

ps
odds of dying on your birthday 365-1

My son and daughter have the same birthday five years apart, January 20. Just have one birthday party. No planning, it hits on MLK day every 3-4 years.

Last edited:
I was born 9 months after my parents anniversary. My sister was born 360 days later.

As a kid I had 5 days every year of my little sister saying "I'm as old as you are." So now on her birthday I call her up to say you are as old as I am.
I'm the same age as my sister for 3 days. We used to broadcast it everywhere as kids, i could never figure out why mum and dad went quiet and a little red as we were telling everyone.

my father, myself, my brother and one of my sons all born in June.
August is/was our "birthday" month. Mine, my dads, his dads, my cousin, and both of my sisters all have/had August birthdays. Mine, my dads and his dads are within a week of each other.
But as far as I know none of it was planned. When my wife and I were wanting to have kids, we never considered when their birthdays would fall. We just wanted kids, it happened when it happened.

we have four kids. birthdays are either June or September. I tell people that I always get lucky on my birthday (September) and Christmas. I would say it is pretty common around here for couples to plan conception to coincide with special events around due date.

My kids were the result of "lust", no family planning there. Our 2nd child was born 12mths later then we found out what was causing it so I had the wife speyed.

Ken
Lol !!! Same here !

I was born 9 months after my parents anniversary. My sister was born 360 days later.

As a kid I had 5 days every year of my little sister saying "I'm as old as you are." So now on her birthday I call her up to say you are as old as I am.

I was born 9 months and 1 day after the wedding.

My mom was born in 1933, I was born in 1953, my son was born in 1973..... my mom and my nephew both on April 26th... my son and I are both on the 16th...his in Feb, mine in Sept.... my dad and my sister were born in 1934 and 1964, respectively.... interesting how things line up.

My mom was born in 1933, I was born in 1953, my son was born in 1973..... my mom and my nephew both on April 26th... my son and I are both on the 16th...his in Feb, mine in Sept.... my dad and my sister were born in 1934 and 1964, respectively.... interesting how things line up.

. . . and my daughter.

Latest posts