2.1 human birth rates to sustain population

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurleyjd

Reaction score
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-global-fertility-crash/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I have been reading about this for a long time and found this article and thought it might be something to discuss.

Just one more MSM attempt to justify/rationalize open border policy.

All that jabber and the ONLY thing said about the USA was:
For places such as the U.S. and parts of Western Europe, which historically are attractive to migrants, loosening immigration policies could make up for low birthrates.

If it falls to far cloning and test tube babies may become popular.

World Bank statistics per country the richer the country less kids the poorer the country more kids
I have read that in Maine there are not enough young people around to staff the Nursing Homes.
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN

Not killing 50+ million unborn possible US citizen since 1973, would of sure made a difference in the need for more immigrates.

callmefence said:
I cannot for the life of me figure out why we need more people.
I agree with you on this, I think that the first article inferred that we need more to keep the economy going. I can show you places here in my area that at one time had vacant houses and farms that were that way because the owners had moved to the Big city of Dallas. Now these same people's offspring are retiring and moving back to the country. Community water systems financed with low percent government loans make this possible and the arrival of cell phone towers and rural electric suppliers make this possible. Good or bad we will have to like it not much place to go. I live within 1 mile of where I was born. My wife and I both worked at salaried careers and saved and inherited and kept and put all assets to work except the cow calf operation. We had two children, older brother one, sister three and younger brother had five. So when you add this up and average we only added 2.75 children to the population. And all of myself and brothers and sisters kids only have and average of 2.57 per each which is very near the replacement number.

Definitely going down...from personal perspective;
My father had 6 siblings, 6 children (one was stillborn), and 13 grandkids.
I had 5 siblings that lived to adulthood.
I have 4 children.
Between all 4 of my own children, I have 10 grandchildren, which I suppose equals 2.5 per..

This is purty much what I think,

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/scientists-call-for-population-control-in-mass-climate-alarm

You may not agree with it or me, but its a Free country!

What we should do is tax children instead of giving a tax break. It would help keep the population down, create tax dollars, eliminate a huge burden on tax dollars.
And if you have to be able to actually truly afford them to have them.... should improve herd genetics.......

The average house cost where i live is $1M CDN ($750k UDS). And that's for an apartment. That comes with a $4,000 property tax bill. Infertility rates in Canada are 1 in 4, 1 in 6 in the US. Main reason...women waiting longer to start a family due to finances and career choices....I am 31 and very few of my friends have children. Why? They cant afford it. That and for whatever reason the vast majority of my husbands male friends have decided against marriage and children at this point in their lives. I am one of 5 children and the youngest and the only with a child.

The US has if I'm not mistaken the worst maternity care programs in the world. If you can barely afford to rent a condo how can you afford to take off time to even have a baby. Living simple isn't a thing anymore.

I receive a $483 cheque every month from the government just for having a child under the age of 5, doesnt matter if you make $1 or $1M you still get the cheque. I was given a big maternity care package and the option for 12 or 18 months off at 50% of my salary. But even i am one and done. I mean...nowadays I'm expected to have a university degree, do yoga 5x a week and take my kid to music class all well trying to also keep my families farm alive.

Im canadian and fully aware and accepting that without immigration our economy would not survive. Thing is many immigrants have significantly lower expectations. They are willing to work for less and to live with less. And for whatever reason they typically have more children.

The US has if I'm not mistaken the worst maternity care programs in the world

What exactly does that refer to or entail?

I receive a $483 cheque every month from the government just for having a child under the age of 5, doesnt matter if you make $1 or $1M you still get the cheque.

That was tried here too for about 40 years (and is still to some extent) then the govt finally realized some women were having as many kids as they could, one right after another for the sole purpose of getting the big and free $$$.
I'm sure babydaddies had a lot to do with that process as well.

sim.-ang.king said:
Not killing 50+ million unborn possible US citizen since 1973, would of sure made a difference in the need for more immigrates.

This guy has it right. Even better is us working people are paying for the murders.

greybeard said:
The US has if I'm not mistaken the worst maternity care programs in the world

What exactly does that refer to or entail?

I receive a $483 cheque every month from the government just for having a child under the age of 5, doesnt matter if you make $1 or $1M you still get the cheque.

That was tried here too for about 40 years (and is still to some extent) then the govt finally realized some women were having as many kids as they could, one right after another for the sole purpose of getting the big and free $$$.
I'm sure babydaddies had a lot to do with that process as well.

What does the worst maternity care in the world mean?

I quote "The U.S. infant mortality rate (5.8 deaths under one year of age per 1,000 live births) is 71 percent higher than the comparable country average (3.4 deaths)"

But its not just that. Parents are offered in the majority of situations no maternity or paternity leave. Zero. They have to rely on time off without pay, vacation pay or the few weeks they may get from some of the better benefit providers but it comes with a risk of losing their job. There is no current protection for women in the US taking a leave. There is also no government assistance in place to help families have children.

The number of people having children for government assistance is so minimal. Do some do it? Sure fine. But it doesnt matter at the end of the day. They are still giving us, hopefully, contributing members of society. In Canada you receive the benefit up to 4 children. Once you exceed 4 children under the age of 5 you are given less for the 5th child. But how many women are having 5 children under the age of 5. Very, Very few.

sim.-ang.king said:

Right...the answer is to force women to have children they don't want. :bang:

cowgal604 said:
sim.-ang.king said:

You mean take responsibility for their actions? That's the problem. It's just another way to make people not responsible for their actions.
I guess murder is ok at long as it's convenient though.

kentuckyguy said:
cowgal604 said:
sim.-ang.king said:

You mean take responsibility for their actions? That's the problem. It's just another way to make people not responsible for their actions.

Are we going to have an abortion debate today or what?

cowgal604 said:
kentuckyguy said:
cowgal604 said:

Are we going to have an abortion debate today or what?

Let's do that tomorrow.
Today explain to me why taxpayers or employer s should pay for a woman to have a child. ??

Because to me it seems like everyone should just pay their own way. Seems fair and simple.

cowgal604 said:
sim.-ang.king said:

IMO there are justifiable reasons for abortions (rape, incest, fatal to mother during term, etc.)

Not being able to properly utilize birth control or exercise self control over sexual desire is NOT a good reason. :bang: There's nothing to debate. The "debating" is nothing more than people wanting to feel justified and not feel guilt and shame for making poor decisions.

The article makes an argument, but in my opinion it fails to take human nature into account with the suggestions it proffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts