Big Angus bull x Corriente Cow???

Help Support CattleToday:

Guess this answers our question. The seller happened to have a half Corrinete half angus cow. Bull was angus. Here is the pic. She was huge.

Lrj505":ukgsp9xw said:
Guess this answers our question. The seller happened to have a half Corrinete half angus cow. Bull was angus. Here is the pic. She was huge.

Nope there's something else besides Angus and Corriente in that cow.

Why do you think that ? I took him at his word. But she is huge maybe 1400 pounds.

Looking at that ground, no wonder he's using corriente...sure wouldn't need anything that required much..Even a somolian would through up his hand..

It's possible that she's just a commercial Angus x corriente. And what if she's just in a drylot?

Where are you to get corriente cows for 300$?
My country they go high. Lots now even using as recips for purebreds and bucking stock embryos

I have a chance to buy some corriente heavy bred to char bull for 575 anyone know how the calfs will look and if it's worth it

I saw some go through the sale for $300 heavy bred to Char bulls a month ago. Sale barn owner told me after that the calves will wean 550-600

Just give you a heads up, some guys ain't very keen on this cross and they will tell you that corriente calves are worthless. But from what I see, Charolais did add some value in longhorns and corrientes and the buyers will pay a little more for these Charolais sired calves.

Richnm":avqpv5yd said:
I saw some go through the sale for $300 heavy bred to Char bulls a month ago. Sale barn owner told me after that the calves will wean 550-600

How old were they. That would of been a buy IMO. As stated some on here only think another breeder should raise what they do. But at that price they would of made money. At least in this area.

I didn't buy any. Tells you what i believe. Trying to save a dollar on feed is gonna cost you more. I no longer sell at sale barn. F that.

Muddy":35nx5pvo said:
Just give you a heads up, some guys ain't very keen on this cross and they will tell you that corriente calves are worthless. But from what I see, Charolais did add some value in longhorns and corrientes and the buyers will pay a little more for these Charolais sired calves.

ANY beef cross will add value to the southwestern exotics.

The question is why you wouldn't start with a better cow to begin with. The only reason Corriente and Longhorn cattle got popular was because they could live on nothing and walk miles for water. Those with good grass can get a lot more for their grass by raising cattle with meat on them.