Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Clint Eastwood movie

• One that I didn't mention

• Total voters
ffscj":2mb2j0sw said:
Dun,

I've been meaning to see if I could find a copy of the Lee Marvin version. I know what you mean about the book, I've read it two or three times over the past two years.
'
Have you read Log of a Cowboy? Think the author's last name is Adams. It was written back in the early 1900s. It was very good also.

Chris

Never saw it. I descovered Monte Walsh by accident must have been 20 or so years ago. My wife finally ordered a copy from a specilty book store in DC. Took them almost six months to get it. I was finally able to retire my old dogeared original. Now I just read the paperback. I keep it locked in the safe so that it doesn't accidently get loaned to anyone. We all have our prioritys as to what is valuable and what isn't.

dun

How could one possibly pick just one. Once Upon a Time in the West rates pretty high on my list.The Villian is another good one for a change of pace.

Dun,

The book's whole title is "The Log of a Cowboy: A Narrative of the Old Trail Days" by Andy Adams.

I saw it on Books A Million's website and ordered. Just after it came in my wife came home with a copy she found in a used book store. So now I have a hardback and paperback copy.

Chris

My alltime favorite... The Cowboys(John Wayne) but right up there has to be Cheyenne Social Club(Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda)And I don't remember the name( It might be The Commancheros) but the Jimmy Stewart movie where him and Dean martin are brothers, Dean is an outlaw , I believe Raquel Wlech is also in it and a boatload of other big names. I also liked The Apple Dumpling Gang when I was a kid. (first show my mother let me go to twice)[/list]

Lonesome Dove, The Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josie Wales, The Sacketts
( still love to read all the old Louis L'Amour books ) & Quiqley Down under with Tom Selleck and anything with John Wayne.
;-)

Latest posts