Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A John Wayne Movie

• A Clint Eastwood movie

• One that I didn't mention

• Total voters
The Outlaw Jose Wales is hard to beat. Throw in the good, the bad and the ugly; a fistful of dollars, pale rider, unforgiven and a few more and Eastwood is hard to compete against.

JB

I am going to have to say "Shane." The first time I watched it, (many years ago) I couldn't leave it for wondering what would happen next. I watched again a few weeks ago.
I really like Spaghetti westerns. Like "Once Apon A Time In the West." It had Charles Bronson and Henry Fonda in it. John Wayne and Clint Eastwood are hard to beat too.

My favorite is Lonesome Dove. If I just want a shoot em up show I like the Clint Eastwood movies like The Good, The Bad, and The Ungly. I didn't know till a few years ago it and Fist Full of Dollars, Two Mules for Sister Sarha and For a Few Dollars More were all Japanese Produced films. After I heard this it makes sense.

Scotty

I can't bear to pick just one, so in random order I'll list 6 that I watch every year or so:

Lonesome Dove
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Searchers
El Dorado
The Tall Men
Duel in the Sun

Good choice, Beefy --- I think Val Kilmer really stole that show as Doc Holiday.

If you northern plains folks want to see a good western with a setting in your part of the world, check out The Big Country --- wonderful performace by Burl Ives, for which he won the Oscar I believe.

Lonesome Dove and Josey Wales tied. Unforgiven a good second. For a more modern day western Legend of the Fall wasn't half bad except for all the lovey dovey stuff.

I really enjoyed the first Lonesome Dove series. The second one was not quite as good with a different Woodrow(Jon Voight?)and without Robert Duvall, but still OK. I'd clean stalls for Barbara Hershey any day. The third with James Garner was awful. I didn't make it to the end. Yes certherfbeef I liked Purgatory also. Strange,but pretty good.I also liked Unforgiven. Only a couple of these have been in theaters but after Lonesome Dove I would choose any of the Louis L'Amour Sackett movies as favorites.

eric":2k7pz03g said:
dun":2k7pz03g said:
Evil Roy Slade!

dun

Dun, I have looked for that on video for yrs! all I had was a bootlegged copy on an old VHS tape, and somehow it disappeared a few yrs ago. That is one of the funniest movies of all time.

I have had the same problm. My daughter recorded Police Squad over it. Not bad, but not up to the standards of ERS

dun

eric":107a89lo said:
Dun, I have looked for that on video for yrs! all I had was a bootlegged copy on an old VHS tape, and somehow it disappeared a few yrs ago. That is one of the funniest movies of all time.

BOOTLEGGING MOVIES??

By a church going man of your means.

For shame

Humm let me see...

~ Tombstone
~ Any Tom Select one, especially with Brad Johnson and Sam Elliot in it :p
~ Lonesome Dove
~ Open range (Robert Duval and Kevin Costner)
~ Oh and yes John Wayne

Lonesome Dove (I lent my only copy of it several years ago and never got it back or was able to find another). :cry:

Tombstone simply for Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday...that "I'll be yore huckleberry" line is the highlight of the film.

Legends Of The Fall had the most beautiful cinematography and a story line that just gets me every time.

And yeah, I own a copy of Blazing Saddles. Still can't decide if Mongo is funnier than the German Nightingale (the one vith da wisp who's sooooo tired).

Although it's probably considered more of a "Southern" than a "Western" being from Australia, The Man From Snowy River always gives me a chill when the jackaroo rides that roan horse full tilt down the mountainside after the mob of brumbies. Brrrr!

The upside of having only one channel of TV at calving time is that I get a chance to watch them all again...except for Lonesome Dove of course...Hmmm. I wonder if Santa could get me copy?

Take care.

Latest posts