• A John Wayne Movie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Clint Eastwood movie

• One that I didn't mention

• Total voters
CattleAnnie":3rei6pfk said:
And yeah, I own a copy of Blazing Saddles. Still can't decide if Mongo is funnier than the German Nightingale (the one vith da wisp who's sooooo tired).

That's got to be in the Top 10 for funniest movies also. Along those lines, Cat Ballou is also funny. The only bad thing is that it has that pinko Jane in it.

Craig-TX

In Blazing Saddles the scene where the colored sheriff runs the pump cart off and quick sand and then the guys come and lasso the cart, because it waould have been a hell of a loss has got to be about the funniest movie scene ever.

JB

J Baxter":tz0up919 said:
In Blazing Saddles the scene where the colored sheriff runs the pump cart off and quick sand and then the guys come and lasso the cart, because it waould have been a hell of a loss has got to be about the funniest movie scene ever.

JB

I liked the "no Irish" comment about giving the land to the people that helped, too.

dun

Regardless of how many times I've seen the movie, I just about have a heart attack from laughing so hard at the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles, after the guys have had a big meal of beans. :lol:

I'm glad you folks mentioned two Aussi-type westerns. I too am real fond of -- Quigley Down Under (gotta get a big .50 cal. Sharps some day!) and The Man From Snowy River.

Ummm, too many good ones to pick a favorite!! Dances with Wolves was pretty good, but I'm not sure if that's considered a 'western' movie. Beautiful scenery!!

I like "The Rare Breed" starring Jimmy Stewart and Maureen O'Hara-it was made back in the 60's, about when the first Herefords came out west and were crossed on the Longhorns.
My other favorite is "Centennial" a mini series based on the book by James A. Michener. This is a good one.

If I had to pick just one, I guess it would have to be Lonesome Dove but I do like all of the John Wayne films (favorite was probably Big Jake). Also liked Monte Walsh with Tom Selleck even though it didn't follow the book which was really good reading.

Chris

Old Yeller has got to be up there somewhere. If nobody's mentioned Shane yet it also has to be near the top.

BTW, Old Yeller is a great read too.

Craig-TX

ffscj":hef56ln4 said:
If I had to pick just one, I guess it would have to be Lonesome Dove but I do like all of the John Wayne films (favorite was probably Big Jake). Also liked Monte Walsh with Tom Selleck even though it didn't follow the book which was really good reading.

Chris

The original with Lee Marvin was great and DID follow the book pretty well. I have an old original copy of the buck and read it once a year without fail.

dun

Dun,

I've been meaning to see if I could find a copy of the Lee Marvin version. I know what you mean about the book, I've read it two or three times over the past two years.
'
Have you read Log of a Cowboy? Think the author's last name is Adams. It was written back in the early 1900s. It was very good also.

Chris

Latest posts