best tractor for the money

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a funny story about Mahindra.

Buddy had a 7000 series with cab, loader, 4wd that he used. The front wheel on it cracked. He called mahindra and told them... they gave him a number to call the company that makes the wheel.

He called them and they said that the amount of weight that the loader can lift is more than what the wheels are rated for. They said they tried to sell Mahindra the heavier duty wheels to match the rating of the loader but they opted out because of the higher cost.

SO... long story short... he had to buy a new wheel and Mahindras are junk. :D

Thanks again for the replies I was talking to a dealer yesterday that sells mahindra .He claims they are good tractor ,I also thinking about mccormick cxl 65 or 75 give your reviews on the mccormick tractors or landini same tractor different colour .Thanks Dean 8)

Dean the hobby farmer":371wj3xq said:
Thanks again for the replies I was talking to a dealer yesterday that sells mahindra. He claims they are good tractor ,I also thinking about mccormick cxl 65 or 75 give your reviews on the mccormick tractors or landini same tractor different colour .Thanks Dean 8)

:shock:
bsflag.gif

Its the dealer... what are they going to tell you. That they sell junk! :lol2:

Dean the hobby farmer":1clfp0ll said:
Thanks again for the replies I was talking to a dealer yesterday that sells mahindra .He claims they are good tractor ,I also thinking about mccormick cxl 65 or 75 give your reviews on the mccormick tractors or landini same tractor different colour .Thanks Dean 8)

Dean, you wouldn't expect to walk into a Chevy dealership and have him tell you their cars are really junk would you?

My advice for what it is worth is to go with one of the top 3 or 4 brands. In the long run it will save you money and time.

I operate a custon hay bailing operation in southeast texas I run John Deere equipment I have a 6310 cab,2750 cab and a 2030 open station. My partner in the business runs New Holland tractors and we have found the Deeres will work circles round them. Heavier tractors and more usable power. I have used all different kinds of equipment for me green is the only way to go.
My neighbor has a 70 horse Mahindra he can not get out of 2 low with a 4x4 class baler with out bogging down the engine.
Another man down the street uses Farm Trac takes him 4 times as long to bale same size field. Really depends on what the intended use is. I would buy used Deere before any of the three mentioned new but I work my tractors hard during hay season.

wbrowning":1nqukrak said:
My partner in the business runs New Holland tractors and we have found the Deeres will work circles round them. Heavier tractors and more usable power.

Maybe a few more tips for us on how your partner operates the #1 selling tractor in the world but yours run "circles" around them?

Cost difference, options , etc, all that kind of stuff??

ALX

I also don't understand that.

Has you said the JD works circles around the NH with crops or something I could have bit... but not cutting hay. When faming the extra weight can come in handy.

NH and JD are the popular ones around here for any one who actually uses their tractors.

flaboy?":3ib15bds said:

The Kubota has the most market share of the 3 companies mentioned. All 3 should be good choices. Don't discount the Mahindra's because they own a 27% market share in the 40-70 HP segment.

I can't believe you would say that ironpeddler. While I agree of the THREE Kubota is the best. "All three are good choices", give me a break, junk, junk, junk..............[/quote]

You have to look at the intended use. For just playing around cutting weeds the 3 mentioned are ok. Even the Kubota is light when comes to doing some serious work. When it comes to pulling a round baler we have customers and neighbors that have M9000 Kubota's and they will not keep up with the JD2755 tractors we have. They don't have the weight of torque but the Kubota's quote have more HP. Another neighbor has a M95 and our old 2940 walks away from it. I like Kubota's and think they are great values and they are very dependable. We needed 2- 70 HP tractors for feeding hay and mowing and harvesting hay and we purchased 2 McCormick's. They have the weight and torque in their engines to meet our needs. We saved almost $8,000 over purchasing JD, NH & MF with the same features. If we were to purchase a Kubota we would have looked at a larger HP tractor to handle the increased weight needed.

ironpeddler":2f0zqkno said:
We needed 2- 70 HP tractors for feeding hay and mowing and harvesting hay and we purchased 2 McCormick's. They have the weight and torque in their engines to meet our needs. We saved almost $8,000 over purchasing JD, NH & MF with the same features.

The McCormicks are something I'd like to learn a lot more about.
Apparently a lot of our Granddaddys ran them ( Farmall? ). Made in England? Seeing some dealerships drop big 3 names to sell them in this area.

ALX

AngusLimoX":qpwnkhmu said:
ironpeddler":qpwnkhmu said:
We needed 2- 70 HP tractors for feeding hay and mowing and harvesting hay and we purchased 2 McCormick's. They have the weight and torque in their engines to meet our needs. We saved almost $8,000 over purchasing JD, NH & MF with the same features.

The McCormicks are something I'd like to learn a lot more about.
Apparently a lot of our Granddaddys ran them ( Farmall? ). Made in England? Seeing some dealerships drop big 3 names to sell them in this area.

ALX

I don't know much about the new ones but I started driving a Farmall when I was 8 years old and they were made in the USA.

(As I understand it)

McCormicks are what were a line of tractors that were previously sold under the Case name.

The factory in England came under the control of Case when Case bought International back in the mid 80's. Shortly after the CaseIH merger, Case dropped the line of International tractors being produced there and began to produce the equivalent sized line of Case tractors in that plant.

When New Holland and Case merged a few years back, Case had to sell that factory in England (and its product line) in order to reduce the market share of the new combined company to satisfy regulators.

So the plant in England and the tractor line that was being produced there was spun off. That became what is now McCormick. So said simply, McCormick is what was a Case tractor just previous to the acquisition of New Holland.

As far as what I know of McCormick tractors, I think they are good machines for the money.

I did try out a another friends New Holland and I must say the ride in it was rougher than that of my Kubota. I also think the ride of the Kubota is alot smoother than JD or any other tractor I have driven.

Since tractors don't have springs or shock absorbers, (at least NONE that I have seen) and have the same tires, basically, the answer to your "Ride" test would have to be in the seat alone.

I dare you to find a more comfortable seat than the JD air ride.

The JD also has the quietest Cab. I really noticed the noise when I was running my neighbors 9000 Kubota the other day while unloading some hay.

When I got out, my ears were ringing.

In most cases, you get what you pay for............

And don't forget fuel usage when buying a tractor. The JD Powertech engine is by far the most fuel efficient tractor engine offered.

hurleyjd":2ay22k41 said:
A good possibility is the 8N Ford tractor was the best tractor ever.
They're like the Energizer rabbit.....they keep going and going and going........ 8)

Don't forget torque gets things going and really does the work. Horsepower just keeps it going. I have seen some pretty high horsepower tractors that wouldn't do the work of much smaller ones.

Don't rule out weight either. MikeC is right, there ain't no suspension on most Ag tractors.

Thanks again everyone for the replies this topic always get everyone attention ,best tractor for money topic I will get some prices and monthly payments here in Nova Scotia on different brands Thanks again everyone Dean :cboy:

Thanks Cowpoke for asking about Deutz tractors I heard that they are reliable tractor and easy to operate for fuel cost and starting in the cold weather ,aircooled engines.I do not know of any dealer s in Atlantic provinces the nearest dealer would be atleast thousand miles away I am not certain on that we did have a dealer a few hours away but he close his doors down atleast two years ago . I wish that a new dealer would open up some day because I think Deutz would be good to look into .Thanks Dean 8)

I like these. They were payed for in the 70's. They ain't purty but still get the job done.

42307x5.jpg

40207x5.jpg

Latest posts