best tractor for the money

Help Support CattleToday:

My Kubota has been wonderful. I don not have any experience with the other bands you mentioned.

CSM

I would try to buy every thing from the Japanese as I could. (In jest) They really try to help our beef industry, they will shut us off as soon as anything that looks like mad cow, and wait and wait before turning us on again. Me I will buy American for the rest off my life. Now I know the argument will start that John Deere are made over seas. But the company is American based and the profits will come here instead of over seas. Will always have a Ford or a Chevy.

Never heard of the third one, kioti are crap, in the same general category at montana

i would go with the kubota my gf's parents own a dealership and i would have to say they are almost right up there with jd but not yet lol. as much as that hurt me to say

Dean the hobby farmer":tizlwf8b said:
Looking at some tractors today which is the best out of these three.Kioti,kubota or tym 65hp or larger.Thanks Dean :D
The Kubota has the most market share of the 3 companies mentioned. All 3 should be good choices. Don't discount the Mahindra's because they own a 27% market share in the 40-70 HP segment.

Dean the hobby farmer":1dae2poa said:
Looking at some tractors today which is the best out of these three.Kioti,kubota or tym 65hp or larger.Thanks Dean :D

The one that comes from the best dealership in your area.
What are you doing talking about tractors, you should be busy making my Keith's!!

:lol:

ALX

Thanks everyone for the replies I forgot to mention mccormick tractors how are they compare to others also this goes out to anguslimox I thought all of us crazy canucks drinks Labatts Blue,keep in touch Dean :D

I own 3 kubota's. The BX2200 large riding mower with 3 pt hitch and front loader. It gets quite a bit done for its size.

I own a 48 hp L48 which is a small contractor type tractor with a serious back hoe / front loader combination. I cleared land, dug a foundation, did footer and septic work with this tractor. It is tough and reliable. With a bale spear replacing the bucket, I use it for hay work. Kubota offers several transmissions, but the one I have is a "tractor for dummies" thing. My 65 year old wife does serious work with this and only gets into trouble when she backs it into something.

I have a gentleman farmers tractor L5740 (57hp) which is used for field work and bush hogging but I can hook up a post hole digger to the PTO end. It has AC, stereo and a cup holder. This is my wife's tractor. It is 95 degrees outside now and I would be just as comfortable discing a field as I am typing this email.

I had an L5030 (50HP) Kubota which I traded. It was just as reliable and rugged as the others but with a big round bale on the front, I had VERY little weight on the back tires. It was a little scary for an old guy like me.

Before the Kubota's, I had a 50 HP Case. It was relatively new. It was rugged enough but it was substantially more difficult to operate and easier to get stuck in wet weather.

For hurleyjd: Why do you think those JDs are made overseas? Perhaps because the three million dollar a year executive you want to have your money found it more profitable to export American jobs overseas. Personally, I would just as soon support a two-hundred-thousand a year Japanese executive as a three-million a year American. Given that perspective, I choose based on quality and price.

BTW my most heavily used equipment is a diesel Kubota RTV with a cab. I use it several times a day. It replaced a gasolene Kawasaki with no cab. The Kawasaki was probably a better machine for my purpose. I like to have everything diesel but the Kubota has an awkward klunky shift.

Dean the hobby farmer":2ma79yho said:
this goes out to anguslimox I thought all of us crazy canucks drinks Labatts Blue,keep in touch Dean :D

Dean, I can't afford Blue, let alone Keiths! I buy the 24 for 24 stuff when momma allows. :lol:

What work are you gonna do with your tractor - I've said it before, you gotta have some weight if your gonna do much tillage.You can have all the ponies you want but if you can't get it to the ground you are wasting your time and money.

Foreign stuff will say they are in a horsepower "class " but check the weight. That being said, maybe a lighter machine suits your purposes better.

I don't have time to check, is McCormick North American made?

Have fun deciding, and I was serious about the dealership, they will make or break a brand.

ALX

I was never a fan of JD, too much money, not as good as they claim, etc.
I may have been unlucky and lucky. I had used (used up) internationals for years and they were good tractors but needed a lot of strange maintenace things done to them. Bought a new Long, darn good tractor, but little piddly things would go wrong, front spindle broke but Long blaimed it ona bad casting and made it right. Hard to shift, hard to start in really cold weather even with warmers and a glow plug but the main problem was things like the shift linkage rod breaking, sheet metal mounting pieces breaking. Traded it on on a used (750 hour) JF 5510. I've only put about 3k hours on it in the year and a half I've had it. I've changed filters and had to replace the windshield wiper, that's all the problems I've had with it. The dairy uses all JD tractors, had one that the A/C kept going out on and the 3 pt would quit working. JD Made it right and it's been a really good reliable tractor since.
So, as much as I hate to admit it, JDs are really worth the money. Case/IH and the others may be also, but if I need another tractor to use hard, it will be a JD

Farm Tracs are good for the price I think... haven't seen a whole lot of problem with them. They are like the old Fords and those things last for ever. We still have a 70s model that we move hay with.

I would go wiht Kubota out of the ones you listed.

Brute 23":3hajljoi said:
Farm Tracs are good for the price I think... haven't seen a whole lot of problem with them. They are like the old Fords and those things last for ever. We still have a 70s model that we move hay with.

I would go with Kubota out of the ones you listed.
Yep, I can second that commotion. Out of the ones listed, Kubota would be my choice. :lol:

dun":kwsl25ar said:
So, as much as I hate to admit it, JDs are really worth the money. Case/IH and the others may be also, but if I need another tractor to use hard, it will be a JD

JD green sells at a premium in this country. The funny thing is most over 5000 hours are advertised as just having had an overhaul. There is a fair amount of older Olivers and Internationals, along with some newer Fords, for those who don't want to pay top prices. MF, Long, AC and newer imports tractors are pretty rare. We just purchased a MF discbine and the dealer did right by us.

Any recommendations on used MF or Ford models for bush hogging and round bale handling?

Stocker Steve":1hik31bh said:
dun":1hik31bh said:

JD green sells at a premium in this country. The funny thing is most over 5000 hours are advertised as just having had an overhaul. There is a fair amount of older Olivers and Internationals, along with some newer Fords, for those who don't want to pay top prices. MF, Long, AC and newer imports tractors are pretty rare. We just purchased a MF discbine and the dealer did right by us.

Any recommendations on used MF or Ford models for bush hogging and round bale handling?

Got a 69 and 78 Massey and both are still going to the hayfield and doing the work.

The Kubota has the most market share of the 3 companies mentioned. All 3 should be good choices. Don't discount the Mahindra's because they own a 27% market share in the 40-70 HP segment.[/quote]

I can't believe you would say that ironpeddler. While I agree of the THREE Kubota is the best. "All three are good choices", give me a break, junk, junk, junk..............

Tym is light junk. Kubota very tough. I like heavier stuff for bigger work. I considered a Kubota 9000 but bought a JD 6415 because it weighed allmost a ton more. I am in the Ozarks, and don't want a full Baler that weighs more than the tractor. My Baler weighs more than a 95 H.P. kubota. Not Good. I do have a 38 H.P. Kubota 1993 model and have totally abused and used it on contruction and farming. It has been tough. Had a 70 H.P Mahindra (made by Tym) it was in the shop more than in the field. It lasted 1 year. Had to go. Tranny bad hydraulics bad. Motor had too much torque for front axle shaft and snapped it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry:

Go with Kubota, or Deere.

Latest posts