Best towns each state to live with $50000 incoime

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/the-best-place-in-each-state-to-live-on-a-dollar50000-salary/ss-AAG3HVr?ocid=spartandhp#image=50
Notice it takes $15 an hour in each state to have the necessity of life. Any of you folks from Tennessee or Kentucky living is Clarksville Tenn or Frankfort Kentucky. Article shows these to be the best in each state.

They must be low in income redistribution! Those social programs are killers when it comes to taxes.
That would be big money in my neck of the woods where average family households is 45K.

Interesting article and I agree with Austin Mn as a good choice.
Not to be TOO racist, but appears reading between the lines is required to open the code.
ie
Jacksonville Ark low cost of living, but low livability due to high crime and low school test scores.
A quick check on demographics reveals Jacksonville pop. 30,000 is 64% white 28% black 6% hispanic
vs Arkansas state average of 77% white 15% black 6% hispanic

Austin Mn population 25,000 rated A plus amenities and a high livability score.
87% white 3% black 6% hispanic vs Mn state average of 84% white 6% black 6% hispanic

Oh well, since I already opened a can of worms...
Since 2010 the fastest growing racial populations in Minnesota are black with a 29% increase
tied with asians at 29% hispanic at 20% white at 0.2% native american minus 0.2%

hurleyjd said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/the-best-place-in-each-state-to-live-on-a-dollar50000-salary/ss-AAG3HVr?ocid=spartandhp#image=50
Notice it takes $15 an hour in each state to have the necessity of life. Any of you folks from Tennessee or Kentucky living is Clarksville Tenn or Frankfort Kentucky. Article shows these to be the best in each state.
I got $13 per hour, 40 hour week,50 weeks for Austin, MN.

Bare necessities, and not living in town would maker it less.

Not trying to promote your agenda are ya, hurley?? ;-)

It's easy to make $50k if people wanna work. $15 hour 65 hours week. 10 hours Monday-Saturday 8-6 and 1-6 5 hours on Sunday. And that's darn near taking a 6 days off a year. If anyone wants to work that hard I got plenty for ya to do

Most households today have more than 1 pay check coming in.
ie.
40 hr week at $15 hr = $600
or
1 working 40 hrs week at $10 hr = 400 plus 1 at $10 hr 20 hrs wk = 200 for $600 total
just saying... there's more than 1 way to skin a cat.

There are no $15 an hour jobs here for anyone just starting out. And almost no jobs where you can get overtime or insurance. Very few of the working class making $50,000.

kenny thomas said:
There are no $15 an hour jobs here for anyone just starting out. And almost no jobs where you can get overtime or insurance. Very few of the working class making $50,000.

Same here. Lots of the companies around here hire through temp agencies. Most i see advertised are in the $9-10/hr range with no benefits. They might work you for 30-60 days, then let you go.

Are y'all saying the census is correct? It always amazes me when I look up a county census and see how low the median family income is. Are people lazy, content, or is it just that hard to make money. I could live on 50k but sure don't want to.

kenny thomas said:

Plenty here if you want to get around one of the metroplex. Median income for the state is 60k.

Son of Butch said:
Since 2010 the fastest growing racial populations in Minnesota are black with a 29% increase
tied with asians at 29% hispanic at 20% white at 0.2% native american minus 0.2%

I see the word "Asians"

That is the problem - it is NOT Asians - it is the religion that is not Christianity.

Even the BRIT news media call them Asians now.

Political correctness makes it easy to kill the truth. It is usually done intentionally.

By the way - most western countries - including America - now have travel warnings out - advising some serious care and attention when visiting the UK, France and Belgium. Because of the increase in the population number of "Asians".

Cheers

Till-Hill said:
It's easy to make $50k if people wanna work.
$15 hour 65 hours week. 10 hours Monday-Saturday 8-6 and 1-6 5 hours on Sunday.
Continually working more than 60 hrs a week is sure not my idea of EASY.
It's doable, but 48-54 hrs is plenty and more realistic in maintaining a well balanced life.

Son of Butch said:
Till-Hill said:
It's easy to make $50k if people wanna work.
$15 hour 65 hours week. 10 hours Monday-Saturday 8-6 and 1-6 5 hours on Sunday.
Continually working more than 60 hrs a week is sure not my idea of EASY.
It's doable, but 48-54 hrs is plenty and more realistic in maintaining a well balanced life.

It's not easy but it's not that difficult and it's what pays my bills. You miss some things but all in all it's alot less than my boss puts in! I'll only be able to do it so long. Since I graduated I've averaged right around 2800 hours a year. Work beef cows after work at night and Sunday mornings. Custom AI cows May and June after work gets to be some long days but I have a hard time listening to people whinning they can't afford something but are not willing to work for it.

hurleyjd said:

Gee, I wonder why Frankfort KY would be listed as the best. Wouldn't be cause it's the state capitol, and where the politicians are and all that goes along with that now would it? A little different world there than most of the rest of the state, outside the triangle of south of the river from Cincinnati, down to Louisville and Lexington.

Big huge pile of nonsense. "Best town to live in each state with $50k income" has no meaning whatsoever.

ga.prime said:
Big huge pile of nonsense. "Best town to live in each state with $50k income" has no meaning whatsoever.
So you're saying cost of living is the same for all towns in the same state?
Or every town in your state is above average?

Here property taxes, fire department response time, snow removal, road maintenance and repair
ect. will vary from township to township, let alone from county to county or town to town.

Logar said:
Son of Butch said:

I see the word "Asians"

That is the problem - it is NOT Asians - it is the religion that is not Christianity.

Even the BRIT news media call them Asians now.

Political correctness makes it easy to kill the truth. It is usually done intentionally.

By the way - most western countries - including America - now have travel warnings out - advising some serious care and attention when visiting the UK, France and Belgium. Because of the increase in the population number of "Asians".

Cheers
I had not thought of it, but it would be true that a...
Misclassification of an entire group of new immigrants would explain a relatively sudden surge
in a previously stable demographic group.

Son of Butch said:
ga.prime said:
So you're saying cost of living is the same for all towns in the same state?
Or every town in your state is above average?

Here property taxes, fire department response time, snow removal, road maintenance and repair
ect. will vary from township to township, let alone from county to county or town to town.
So the best towns to live in with $50,000 income are not the best towns to live in with $40,000 income or $60,000 income? How do you find the best town to live in tailored to your income?

I'm in Oklahoma. I have a masters degree but my full time, degree required job doesn't pay much. I'm a single parent of a teenager. We have lots of animals on our small farm. We have a mortgage. We do make about 2k a year profit off specialty rabbits(pets). We make some money with our cows (we specialize in family friendly pet cows). We do a petting zoo at a farmers market on Saturdays in the summer. We flip other poultry or ag related stuff when we see an opportunity. We are in a supposedly low cost of living area but we struggle everyday. My truck has 210k miles and I've had it 18 years. My car has 269k miles and I've had it 12 years. My daughter is going to high school and working at Walmart 25 miles away. We work hard everyday but really struggle. I wish people would stop saying that everyone would be fine if they just worked. Believe me we work. My daughter will graduate this year. People keep ignorantly saying to me that I'll miss her when she heads off to college. She will be going to college but living at home as she is trying to grow a beef herd, show cattle, do play days with the horses. I feel pretty fortunate that she scored very high on her ACT test (32) so she should get a full ride scholarship to Okstate which has a great ag program. I had hoped she could complete college without having to work but she has to work already in high school so she can keep her cattle on show feed as I cant do it. Just cant make enough between my job and the other scrappy things I do to earn money. I see people around me living on a farm that their family gave them. They work part time or not at all. They get food stamps and other benefits. They just let their land sit because they dont run cattle or anything else. They wont lease it. They dont pay taxes like i do. There is no tax on their food at the grocery store since they are using food stamps. I pay about 10% tax on my groceries. I buy lots of gas to get to and from work and to go get hay as there is rarely any for sale within 10 miles of me. My point is that due to low wages and high taxes on the people that work, this is not the low cost of living area that it may appear. By the way for all the racist people out there, my town is 97% white, 1% Hispanic, 1% black, 1% Indian. I'm white and my daughter is biracial. The first few years of school here were tough for her as she was the only non-white kid in the whole school. Now she has been in school 12 years they have forgotten she has brown skin.

Latest posts