Best towns each state to live with $50000 incoime

Help Support CattleToday:

darcelina4 said:
I'm in Oklahoma. I have a masters degree but my full time, degree required job only pays 32k a year. I'm a single parent of a teenager. We have lots of animals on our small farm. We have a mortgage. We do make about 2k a year profit off specialty rabbits(pets). We make some money with our cows (we specialize in family friendly pet cows). We do a petting zoo at a farmers market on Saturdays in the summer. We flip other poultry or ag related stuff when we see an opportunity. We are in a supposedly low cost of living area but we struggle everyday. My truck has 210k miles and I've had it 18 years. My car has 269k miles and I've had it 12 years. My daughter is going to high school and working at Walmart 25 miles away. We work hard everyday but really struggle. I wish people would stop saying that everyone would be fine if they just worked. Believe me we work. My daughter will graduate this year. People keep ignorantly saying to me that I'll miss her when she heads off to college. She will be going to college but living at home as she is trying to grow a beef herd, show cattle, do play days with the horses. I feel pretty fortunate that she scored very high on her ACT test (32) so she should get a full ride scholarship to Okstate which has a great ag program. I had hoped she could complete college without having to work but she has to work already in high school so she can keep her cattle on show feed as I cant do it. Just cant make enough between my job and the other scrappy things I do to earn money. I see people around me living on a farm that their family gave them. They work part time or not at all. They get food stamps and other benefits. They just let their land sit because they dont run cattle or anything else. They wont lease it. They dont pay taxes like i do. There is no tax on their food at the grocery store since they are using food stamps. I pay about 10% tax on my groceries. I buy lots of gas to get to and from work and to go get hay as there is rarely any for sale within 10 miles of me. My point is that due to low wages and high taxes on the people that work, this is not the low cost of living area that it may appear. By the way for all the racist people out there, my town is 97% white, 1% Hispanic, 1% black, 1% Indian. I'm white and my daughter is biracial. The first few years of school here were tough for her as she was the only non-white kid in the whole school. Now she has been in school 12 years they have forgotten she has brown skin. Also she is stronger than most of the boys and has attitude so no one wants to mess with her. The world is diverse. Raising your kids in a diverse community helps prepare them to get along in the world. The racial makeup of a community isn't the cause of crime, low economic status and lack of opportunity is the cause of crime in an area. I have a degree in sociology so I've read thousands of actual research articles on crime and other social issues.
Go Girl Go!! Pistol Pete BAM! BAM! all the way.

lots of jobs here all starting 15+hr and up to 31/hr

can't even keep the people working even at that wage.

In Canada that would mean you pay 45% taxes to the feds and then add another 15% for daily purchases - so you are going to struggle anywhere you live on that $50K

I've heard people around here say they can't find anybody to hire because nobody can pass a drug test.

NOBODY can pass a drug test?
Just because locals say it doesn't make it true. Unemployment rate for 2018 was 3.9%
More likely those saying it offer starting wage so low only the desperate bother to apply
because selling drugs pays better and any worth their salt get real jobs elsewhere.

1938 start of federal minimum wage unemployment rate 19%
1940 u.s. draft and unemployment 14.6%
1944 unemployment 1.2%
1945 WWII ends and minimum wage raised to 40 cents hr.
1946 unemployment 3.9%
1952 unemployment 2.7% the last year under 3%
1982 unemployment 10.8% the highest ever since WWII.
1999 4.0%
2000 3.9%
2007 5.0%
2009 unemployment 9.9% and NASDAQ hit record high.
2016 election year 4.7%
2017 4.1%

Same here, jobs for machinist, welders, most trades, even offer training, insurance, holiday pay, and vacation, must not be enough, wish them opportunities were there when I was younger, if they weren't, you went were they were, we moved a few times when I was younger, but we have a special generation now.

hurleyjd said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/the-best-place-in-each-state-to-live-on-a-dollar50000-salary/ss-AAG3HVr?ocid=spartandhp#image=50
Notice it takes $15 an hour in each state to have the necessity of life. Any of you folks from Tennessee or Kentucky living is Clarksville Tenn or Frankfort Kentucky. Article shows these to be the best in each state.
I've been to Frankfort Kentucky many times never saw much there. There sone place outside of Frankfort somewhere the people are real nice. My car broke down some years back and 50 people stop to help. :) I liked that!!

My opinion as far as Kentucky is look the other way. It's so hot and humid! I call it "Stucky" every body ends up stuck here for whatever reasons. 😝 Over all I guess it's not a horrible place to live. Don't say I didnt warn you about the humidity.

Clarksville isn't to far from me...not a bad area. It's not real big but not entirely real small. Has its restaurants, shopping, and farming outside a that.