Best Bait to Catch a Groundhog?

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry said:
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just had to update.

I had tried everything recommended here and the varmint would not go for any of the bait. It has been over a month now and I had moved on to more pressing matters and just left the empty trap next to one of his or her holes.

Yesterday, my son was visiting for the weekend and he was helping me separate calves. I needed something from the barn and I walked in and evidently startled the Groundhog. He started to scamper and ran right into the live-trap! Needless to say, my son and I took him out and dispatched him after finishing with the calves.

You didn't really "catch him". That was more like suicide by cop. The poor thing was so depressed he just couldn't take it any more.

Dave said:
sstterry said:
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just had to update.

I had tried everything recommended here and the varmint would not go for any of the bait. It has been over a month now and I had moved on to more pressing matters and just left the empty trap next to one of his or her holes.

Yesterday, my son was visiting for the weekend and he was helping me separate calves. I needed something from the barn and I walked in and evidently startled the Groundhog. He started to scamper and ran right into the live-trap! Needless to say, my son and I took him out and dispatched him after finishing with the calves.

You didn't really "catch him". That was more like suicide by cop. The poor thing was so depressed he just couldn't take it any more.

It's the results that matter, not how you got there.

I keep clicking on this thread thinking I'm going to find the best bait for grouper and get disappointed every time.

Latest posts