Best All Around Syringe ?

Help Support CattleToday:

cornstalk

Reaction score
Thought I'd run this past the experts.....

Looking to purchase a 50ml syringe. Are their any on the market that are more user friendly than others? Just a general syringe nothing special.

Kind of looking at the Allflex 50ml right now..... is $55 ballpark for this gun? Dont want to overpay.

Also, whats the difference between a "cc" and a "ml"?

cornstalk":11x0ejg0 said:
Also, whats the difference between a "cc" and a "ml"?

cc amd ml, for most puropses are the same.

I don't use a multi dose syringe, so I can't help you there.

I believe cc and ml are identical ways of saying something different. Cubic centimeter and millilitre. On the syringes I bought some of the cheaper nylon trigger grip syringes. I'm real happy with them after using the old disposable plastic syringes for so long. Trigger grip makes a big difference in drawing the fluids and administering them.

Metal ones that have glass container are the best for me. I seem to wear out the plastic jobs real easy. Make sure you get one for the different uses. One for BLK Leg, 5 way, 4 way etc.

Scotty

We use the disposable ones...We aslo change needles after each head. Had Johne's once and since then have never used the same needle. We try and keep the syringe the same, unless we are only doing a few, and I mix the syringes before working. When doing the herd, we will change a few times; probably about 8-10 times.

I too use the Allflex. I have a 50 cc, and the 25cc. Have the Jovet, and I believe Roux all metal ones also, but I am real fond of the Allflex. The 25 cc has different smaller settings, like 2cc, 2.5cc, 3cc, etc. The 50 cc is just whole numbers, no .5's. I think the Allflex are pricier than the others. Maybe overpriced? But that is what I prefer. Had them both for 3 years and no trouble, even with the hard use, and sometimes rough handling.

I use the disposable ones also, and change needles for each animal. Where I work they use the guns, metal with glass and change needles every few animals. I don't know the brand they use, but it is metal painted blue, with a glass tube. Not sure of the sizes. A cc is the same as ml.

Katherine

Three alflex guns . Two 25 cc and a 50. Same needles till they break.

Disposable here also.. same as the others, change needles routinely. We had a glass multi dose years ago, but it was too hard to remember what vaccine was in which one.. I'm old and forgetful. With the disposables I can write it on the syringe with a black magic marker. :)

Like our Allflex just fine. Also have some German make (metal with glass tube) just had to replace the seals, but works smooth--not quite as mechanical as the Allflex. If it matters, PM me and I will look up the brand. You are about right on the price.

i have an ideal metal one that the dog trigger gear wore out and it slips some, so i just bought an allflex... yep, a little pricey, but from what i hear about it, it will be worth it.

jt

We use plastic disposable (washable/reusable) syringes. 12cc for wormer and antibiotics, 5cc for vaccines. 16g X 1 or 1 1/2 inch needles. Use the needle until it or the syringe breaks.

We have three 50 ml Allflex. Got them from their web site and can get replacement parts.

ml is identical to cc

Latest posts