belted galloway's

Help Support CattleToday:

marty2

Reaction score
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND GOOD BELTIES FOR AWHILE. I AM WANTING TO BUILD A HERD BUT THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. SEEM'S LIKE THEY ARE REALLY HARD TO LOCATE. I MY HAVE TO GO IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM KEEP THEM. I AM HAVEING A HARD TIME FINDING ANY TO BUY. IF ANYONE HAS ANY LEADS LET ME KNOW. MARTY2

You can buy them at our local sale barn at a big discount. :shock: People who have a local freezer beef business love them. :)

i wish i was near ny. that would be to far for me to travel. thanks anyway. i hope to find some closer. marty

I'm not sure where you're at Marty, but there are a pair of old timers 2 miles north of me that would probably sell their belties. They've got some good stock, not just picked for the belts.

Rod

please let me know where you are located. i live in central oklahoma. marty

Here's some Belties only 15 minutes north of Ok.

OKAY! FARM
Colin and Jackie Whitley
15157 182nd Road, Winfield, KS 67156-7891
(620) 221-7684
Email <[email protected]>
OKAY! Farm and Home School is located 60 minutes southeast of Wichita and 15 minutes north of the Oklahoma border. We are transplanted Okies who run al all-boys school. After living in five states, we are ready to call Kansas 'home'! In 1994 we were fortunate to purchase a quarter section east of Winfield in Liberty Township. Two years later we purchased the last of Bob White's herd -- two cows, one bull and one heifer calf. Today we have a small herd of black Belties consisting of two bulls, four cows, four heifers, two steers and one bull calf. We are looking for more ground to lease and split the herd. We have had steers butchered and have had no trouble selling the Oreo Burgers. At this point we are building our herd.

Latest posts