Beefmaster

Help Support CattleToday:

Hill Creek Farm":whbcm6am said:
MikeC":whbcm6am said:
VERY good calves!

I bet you had to pull every one of those calves didn't you? :lol:
Why do you say that? Looks to me like the calves have nice smooth heads and shoulders. :cboy:

Joke, son, a joke.

With all the squalling about Char calves being such hard calvers, you would think that evolution would have made them extinct by now. :roll:

MikeC":30erf6ek said:
WORANCH":30erf6ek said:
MikeC":30erf6ek said:
VERY good calves!

Not out of beefmaster cows :D

But if you use Angus on them you get great (black) replacement heifers .

Could you use Red Angus on them and get great (red) replacement heifers also? :lol: :lol:

Red works too but for some reason black sells better . And I'm chasing that dollar. :D

The calves that Texan has will push down hard on the scales. But I wouldn't keep the heifers for replacements. Most will get to big for me to use as cows

MikeC":3mz7jzyq said:
Hill Creek Farm":3mz7jzyq said:
MikeC":3mz7jzyq said:
VERY good calves!

Why do you say that? Looks to me like the calves have nice smooth heads and shoulders. :cboy:

Joke, son, a joke.

With all the squalling about Char calves being such hard calvers, you would think that evolution would have made them extinct by now. :roll:
Mike C, I know you were just joking. I was just looking at them from my view point. I will agree that Chars are very big calves, but they are on the rise in the beef industry, like the smokie looking calves, now they sell high at our local livestock markets. Also, the Herefords are really on the rise. :cboy:

ALACOWMAN":2ydag7n1 said:
C HOLLAND":2ydag7n1 said:
I may purchase 2 very nice looking Beefmaster Heifers.

I was wondering how do they do at the barn in this part of the country, I will probally AI or use my Black Angus bull on them, ???? is angus a good choice for a terminal sire for them.
breeding them too the angus bull is a good idea. calves should sale good too

This year, I had a couple of angus sired calves out of beefmaster cows. Both black bull calves. Out performed the other calves weight wise and the lowest priced one was $1.20 /lb. I thought that was fairly good for a 600 lb calf (not castrated)

MikeC":2idxha2k said:
VERY good calves!

Not a single one, Mike. Those Beefmaster cows have those long-bodied 80 pound calves before they can even lay down good.

Anyway, I couldn't have pulled one even if I wanted to. The cable on my calf pullers has been messed up ever since I went to help a neighbor pull an Angus calf out of a Brangus heifer last year. I guess I'll have to get it fixed before he starts calving again. :lol:

WORANCH":yne9n605 said:
The calves that Texan has will push down hard on the scales. But I wouldn't keep the heifers for replacements. Most will get to big for me to use as cows
I agree. Some of the Beefmasters are even too big for me. The Char calves are strictly terminal calves for me. I've got some pretty nice looking heifers this year, but I went ahead and branded them and ear-notched them so they probably won't even work for a replacement heifer order. Strictly feeder heifers.

Texan":vln7rnmr said:
MikeC":vln7rnmr said:
VERY good calves!

Not a single one, Mike. Those Beefmaster cows have those long-bodied 80 pound calves before they can even lay down good.

Anyway, I couldn't have pulled one even if I wanted to. The cable on my calf pullers has been messed up ever since I went to help a neighbor pull an Angus calf out of a Brangus heifer last year. I guess I'll have to get it fixed before he starts calving again. :lol:

LMWBO

Texan":1xsso51x said:
I would also vote for the Charolais bull for a terminal sire on Beefmaster cows. Try to stay away from the painted Beefmasters, though. You'll get enough painted calves, anyway.

100_0171.jpg

100_0197.jpg
i really like those beefmaster cross calves. i have 2 beefmaster heifers that i bred to a braunvieh bull callied black ice. real good calves. would like to find a black beefmaster bull next time i get a bull but they are hard to find in ky.

Latest posts