BBU E-6 Program

Help Support CattleToday:

kb5iod":18tw0s0a said:
bigbull338":18tw0s0a said:
i think its like $40 a hd fee after your cows or accepted.plus some comm.most barns charge 5% comm.so on $1700 it be $85 comm a hd.

Are the cows accepted at the sale or before? For instance, you wouldn't have to haul them to the sale hoping they will let them in would you?

My understanding is that a BBU inspector comes to your ranch to certify them before the sale.

kb5iod":30geysda said:
bigbull338":30geysda said:
i think its like $40 a hd fee after your cows or accepted.plus some comm.most barns charge 5% comm.so on $1700 it be $85 comm a hd.

Are the cows accepted at the sale or before? For instance, you wouldn't have to haul them to the sale hoping they will let them in would you?

This is what the BBU website says about costs...

"What are the costs? Other than the $25 to join the program, the only other cost is the inspection of the cattle and the cost of the E6 certificates. This is either $100 flat fee or $5 per female, whichever is the greater fee.

What about the paperwork?
The BBU inspector will help you complete the forms while at your ranch. You can then review them and sign and submit payment. Your certificates will then be mailed to you from the BBU office. There is no charge once you sell the animal for transferring them to the new owner. You merely sign them on the back of the certificate and present them to the new owner. "

Not sure about sales commissions at the sale. This just addresses the cost to have the females certified.

Latest posts