Attn: Beer Drinkers

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
How many of ya'll ever heard of or have tried Red Draw?
For ya'll that don't know what it is, Its beer with tomato Juice. It is rumered to have started in Wichita Falls tx. at the Bar-L. The Bar-l is a place where they serve the finest BBQ and a drive up car hop place.A bunch of tailgate party's after work there.
Now I like a Red Draw in a frosty mug just pulled out of the freezer,and a dash of tobasco in it.
Makes for some mighty fine drinking. Have got my son-in-laws ,Brother-in-law and a bunch of there friends up in Ohio drinking them. I also built them a smoker each and have them smoking brisket up there. I'm slowly converting that part of Ohio to the Texas way's.Makes it a lot better when I go up for a visit. :nod: :nod:

Cal

My husband like Spicey V8 and beer. I think it is really disgusting.

well i for 1 cant stand v8 juice.an i sure wouldnt want it ruining the taste of good beer.

Lammie":do2mtuic said:
My husband like Spicey V8 and beer. I think it is really disgusting.
Gotta love it, it's the best :D
Fred Belknap":do2mtuic said:
I like tomato juice and beer, but its been a long time since I had one. Some guys I knew use to put a raw egg in their beer and drink it. I couldn't handle that. Beer and tomato juice was hangover medicine.

Fred :nod:
It is called a red eye :mrgreen:

I like the regular v8 and beer with a little creole seasoning. Very very good.

Well us northerners drink beer and clamato, I had it in Tennessee one time and they called it a bull frog ..???????
I will have one once in a while and that is all my sis drinks ;but after being spoiled by drinking real lager from Holland, Belgium and Germany ( and I mean right from the breweries) there is no way I would spoil a good Stella , Grolsch or Becks with any other crap.

I was back in Ohio a couple weeks ago and a friend I went to the bar.He got somthing like that, bud light and tomato juice already mixed up in a can.I didn't much care for it myself.

EAT BEEF":2oig0bdd said:
I was back in Ohio a couple weeks ago and a friend I went to the bar.He got somthing like that, bud light and tomato juice already mixed up in a can.I didn't much care for it myself.
good stuff but my fav. beer is Pyramid Apricot, yum yum yummy. :D :D

I hate beer. Was pouring down rain last night so wife and I rode down to this new brewery that popped up down the road. Two sandwiches, 10 shreds of lettuce with some awful tasting liquid on it and two homebrewed beers that I wouldn't give to my dog. 27 bucks! My first and last trip to that joint! Woke up at 2am so hungry I couldn't sleep!

Jogeephus":21ldpv24 said:
Never heard of it. Sounds like it would definitely be different. What is the ratio of beer to v8?

A 12 oz beer and a little can of V8is what the Hub does. It comes in a gigantic can of stuff already mixed. Clamato and beer something... I don't know who makes it. It is disgusting, I tell you.

I threw up tomatoe juice when I was a kid and it forever broke me of drinking it. I'm just like that.

And what is clam juice???? How to they get that?? Clams in a blender? Squeezing the clams? And clam juice is made of?????? Yuck, again.

cfpinz":5owqup9g said:
I hate beer. Was pouring down rain last night so wife and I rode down to this new brewery that popped up down the road. Two sandwiches, 10 shreds of lettuce with some awful tasting liquid on it and two homebrewed beers that I wouldn't give to my dog. 27 bucks! My first and last trip to that joint! Woke up at 2am so hungry I couldn't sleep!

aw comeon now.....we all know you were not hungry.

it was the loss of that 27.00 :cowboy: :lol:

Well this ain't exactly new.

Back in the 70's I might drink a beer or 12.

Had a many a one with either tomato juice or V8 juice and I always liked a little hot sauce in there too.

pdfangus":38zjgqgv said:
cfpinz":38zjgqgv said:

aw comeon now.....we all know you were not hungry.

it was the loss of that 27.00 :cowboy: :lol:

A little bit of both! For me to shell out 27 bucks for a meal it better be a birthday or anniversary or something!

grannysoo":vr79zo86 said:
I like them both. I could have either with breakfast and be happy, however the both of them together is not appealing...

I didn't think so either til I tried it. actually very good and also a good way for poor boys to dispose of "economy beer". Makes some of that stuff drinkable.

I never drank much beer. A six pack of Budweiser usually satisfied me unless I was thirsty. I saw a Budweiser poster, The Budweiser horse was urinating in a bucket labeled Coors. Tom :cboy: :cboy:

Latest posts