ATF Proposal Would Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
outdoorhub-atf-proposal-ban-common-ar-15-ammo-2015-02-16_17-17-21.jpg

Last week, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced that it planned to implement a modified regulatory framework for determining whether a projectile is considered "armor piercing" handgun ammunition. This new framework would effectively ban 5.56x45mm M855 ball munitions, a common type of ammo used in AR-15-pattern firearms.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/02/ ... r-15-ammo/

I'm getting pretty damn tired of something new everyday that our "leader" wants to screw with. I'm reading an article right now on new OSHA regulations for 2015. There used to be a saying about the government that if it moves tax it, I think they have the motto if it is, screw with it.

Our potus the last 6 years has done more for gun rights than any other past president. And while doing so armed the general public to the gills. His whole gun control agenda backfired.

highgrit":13hlde72 said:
Our potus the last 6 years has done more for gun rights than any other past president. And while doing so armed the general public to the gills. His whole gun control agenda backfired.

That is why ammo and reloading supplies became so scare America is stock piling.

Price on that ammo has doubled in the last 2 weeks. It aint as bad as the 22 ammo scare yet but the price is getting high.
One add I seen said they had green tip ammo that the ammo company had just forgot to dip into the paint. What a ripoff.

It is just the type of ammo it is. It is 5.56 instead of 223. Just a little hotter ammo.
and they color it green tip. It will shoot through the normal police vests is what they say the problem is. But so will a standard 204, a 17HMR and almost anything bigger than a 30-06.

Brute 23":249bdn61 said:
Caustic Burno":249bdn61 said:
Ryder":249bdn61 said:
What pistol shoots 5.56 ammo?

Seen one in the gun shop the other day it is basically an AR without a stock
and short barrel.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=198

The one I saw looked like that.
It was one of those guns I just didn't see that had a real use.
Kinda like that Kel tec shotgun.
If you haven't got the job done in 5 rounds you are in a war zone IMO.

sim.-ang.king":51507cag said:
kenny thomas":51507cag said:
It is just the type of ammo it is. It is 5.56 instead of 223. Just a little hotter ammo.
You mean it's a 5.56x39?
The military designaiton for 223 is 5.56X45. The 5.56 is the same case as .223 Remington but loaded to hotter pressure. That's why it is ok to fire 223 in a 5.56 but it isn;t advised to fire 5.56 in a 223. But most everyone does it.

dun":1vy61xbl said:
sim.-ang.king":1vy61xbl said:
kenny thomas":1vy61xbl said:
You mean it's a 5.56x39?
The military designaiton for 223 is 5.56X45. The 5.56 is the same case as .223 Remington but loaded to hotter pressure. That's why it is ok to fire 223 in a 5.56 but it isn;t advised to fire 5.56 in a 223. But most everyone does it.

I do it because I own Savage 223's and can beat the bolt open with a rubber mallet without knocking the bolt handle off like you would with a remington or some others with welded bolt handles.

FWIW my buddy had some of that green tip military ammo that he got free so we took it out to the range and determined that for any real accuracy it was crap.

FWIW my buddy had some of that green tip military ammo that he got free so we took it out to the range and determined that for any real accuracy it was crap.[/quote]
So it was worth what you paid for it huh. I will take all free stuff also but sometimes the noise is the best part.

kenny thomas":1mdo2xwj said:
FWIW my buddy had some of that green tip military ammo that he got free so we took it out to the range and determined that for any real accuracy it was crap.
So it was worth what you paid for it huh. I will take all free stuff also but sometimes the noise is the best part.[/quote]

Saw it for sale today $210 for 300 rounds.

The price of 22 long rifle bullets went up 3.5 cents in the last week also. I bought 5k two weeks ago for 7.1 cents a round. And decided to buy some more yesterday and seen the price had increased. What a rip off, kind of like gasoline.

highgrit":3qi0lr6v said:
The price of 22 long rifle bullets went up 3.5 cents in the last week also. I bought 5k two weeks ago for 7.1 cents a round. And decided to buy some more yesterday and seen the price had increased. What a rip off, kind of like gasoline.

Bought 300 CCI HV for 25 bucks yesterday.
I still haven't seen any CCI Stingers or Aguila Super Max refuse to get into my stash
until I can find some replacements.
22 mag is just plum nuts.

Caustic Burno":2vlg6ljp said:
highgrit":2vlg6ljp said:

Bought 300 CCI HV for 25 bucks yesterday.
I still haven't seen any CCI Stingers or Aguila Super Max refuse to get into my stash
until I can find some replacements.
22 mag is just plum nuts.

Not always! I bought some 30 ballistic tips for 12 dollars a while back