Maybe ammo prices aren't that bad

Help Support CattleToday:

The prices listed might not be bad. But good luck finding any at those prices. Or just finding any period. There is 5 stores here that sell ammo. Not a single box of 30-06 or any other hunting caliber ammo at any of them.

Your listed 2020 prices are pretty conservative. Good luck finding it for that as probably double if you can find it.

The adjusted for inflation price is closer to what you will pay……if you can find it. like Dave said 30-06 shells are rare as hens teeth right now and $40-50 a box if you find them. 3" buckshot is non existent as well.

I can get 20ga buck but no 12 ga. I don't often use the 12 ga and wife can't handle it anyway but she likes that 20..

The prices listed might not be bad. But good luck finding any at those prices. Or just finding any period. There is 5 stores here that sell ammo. Not a single box of 30-06 or any other hunting caliber ammo at any of them.

Check on Ammoseek. Pretty much everything you could want is available online.

Things are getting a lot better. Few months ago you couldn't find 6.5 Grendel anywhere for less than $2 a round. Can get all you want now for less than a buck. 9mm is available easily for 30 cents.

Check on Ammoseek. Pretty much everything you could want is available online.

Things are getting a lot better. Few months ago you couldn't find 6.5 Grendel anywhere for less than $2 a round. Can get all you want now for less than a buck. 9mm is available easily for 30 cents.

That is a good website

Heard many of older guys talk about buying shotgun shells and 22lr by the shell at local stores.

Most couldn't afford to buy a whole box.

When my Dad was a kid he would ride the milk truck to town and the freight train back home because 22 shells in town were 13 cents a box. At the local store they were 15 cents.

Something that didn't increase at the rate of inflation for the last 70yrs and it's not a cow?

Not great but a bargain compared to what it was bringing a few months ago. $50 a box wasn't uncommon. Pre-Rona prices were ~25 cents per round for standard brass, FMJ plinking ammo. By that standard it's high, but if you need it, you need it. If you don't, I'd let things settle a little bit more.

That's exactly right. And not all sellers are the same. I use Lucky gunner.
If you want to use a middle man with a checkered reputation ..knock yourself out. No skin of my nose.

Ammoseek is just a search engine. I haven't found any retailers on there that seem sketchy.

Just doing a google search for "random caliber in stock" is much more dangerous, there's a lot of fraudulent sites out there. If the prices seem too good, or they will only accept something like Paypal, run.

Latest posts