Ammo

Help Support CattleToday:

It's ridiculous for sure. Store shelves are dang near bare in central OK. I was in Academy the other day. A guy was trying to find some .30-.06 to take his kid and wife hunting. He had been to a dozen stores and driving for an hour. I wanted to ask him why he didn't call around first, but I didn't.

No 35 Remington? Say it ain't so. I got 9 of them.
It is kind of open country with longer shots. As a result the 35 wasn't the most popular caliber around here. Grnadpa might have had one in his day and as a result there are a few around. But for the most part they haven't come out of the back corner of the closet for years.

Green Top the big store here had some .223 yesterday. $.61 a round for Winchester green tip in a 200 round box, limit one per customer. Wasn't really flying off the shelf surprisingly. Gun racks were empty by their standards as were the ammo shelves save a few select offerings. Reloading supplies are few and far between mostly just bullets in odd weights or calibers. Even the optics were pretty slim pickings. Still several in line to buy the guns they had.

Trying to decide wether I should be kicking myself for not buying my one box.

Green Top the big store here had some .223 yesterday. $.61 a round for Winchester green tip in a 200 round box, limit one per customer. Wasn't really flying off the shelf surprisingly. Gun racks were empty by their standards as were the ammo shelves save a few select offerings. Reloading supplies are few and far between mostly just bullets in odd weights or calibers. Even the optics were pretty slim pickings. Still several in line to buy the guns they had.

Trying to decide wether I should be kicking myself for not buying my one box.
Kick yourself.. you should of bought those.

Was told the local shop is selling soft tip 30-30 for $84/box.:cry:
Not my favorite round but I Enjoy lever guns...

Was told the local shop is selling soft tip 30-30 for $84/box.:cry:
Not my favorite round but I Enjoy lever guns...
I had deer hunters stop by asking do I reload this or that.
Lot of 30-30, 308,243 and 7-08.
I said for family only just can't risk the liability.
Everyone to a person said never again they were either going to stockpile or learn to reload.
I saw a brick of 22, box of 30-30 and 308 all for a hundred bucks on gunbroker. Just finished 100 in #1 buckshot.

Attachments

• 08586D05-686D-4D46-966E-0C7483342558.jpeg
    08586D05-686D-4D46-966E-0C7483342558.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Kick yourself.. you should of bought those.

That's what I am thinking.

Any of the 20 ct. center fire ammo they had was $43.00 a box and up. I did continue my investment strategy in 30 rd. clips. They keep a bin full in the aisle for $10-$13 depending on brand. I buy $50 worth every time I go.

Getting worried about the ammo shortages. I got on www.ammoseek.com and ordered some more while it was still available. A lot of the ammo that looks available there once you try to order is out of stock.

Last edited:
Getting worried about the ammo shortages. I got on www.ammoseek.com and ordered some more while it was still available. A lot of the ammo that looks available there once you try to order is out of stock.
Don't worry when it all breaks loose Russia will supply it to both sides. That's exactly what we do.
You might even get one of those status symbol rocket launcher.

Just looked on there JL and they have steel cased Tula for $.76 a round. YIKES! Really kicking myself for not buying it now!!!

I have a pretty good supply, but the way things are looking you never known when or if the SHTF. If that crazy Ponzi stock market ever crashes again the ammo will barter well.

I ordered some Lugers and Nato yesterday and after shipping it came out close to a dollar a round.

Last edited:
Don't worry when it all breaks loose Russia will supply it to both sides. That's exactly what we do.
You might even get one of those status symbol rocket launcher.
I would like to have one of those. I bet ammo would not be cheap and hard to find. lol
nj6TXlw.jpg

Last edited:
"Under Biden's plan, all semi automatic firearms and 11+ round magazines will be registered under the NFA," the post says. "Each item requires a $200 tax to register. The total above is how much you will be charged to keep firearms and accessories you already own."

Last edited:

Latest posts