Are you for assisted suicide?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
VanC":1atxpac2 said:
Horticattleman":1atxpac2 said:
I'm for assisted suicide in certain situations, but not necesarily this one.

I can't say it any better than this.

Okay, I'll say it again, focus on the question not the example.

Alan

Alan":2gf4odiq said:
VanC":2gf4odiq said:
Horticattleman":2gf4odiq said:
I'm for assisted suicide in certain situations, but not necesarily this one.

I can't say it any better than this.

Alan

Okay, how's this? I'm for it in certain situations, but if we make it an across the board thing people will end up dying for reasons other than mercy. It's a tough issue and I don't have any answer better than that.

This case was at the least, 2nd degree murder.Throwing her off the balcony was not what I'd call an assisted suicide or "Mercy" killing.I've seen first hand, kin that suffered a long time in the hospital, or hospice, and if Kevorkian's services were available they would have surely welcomed him.

Crowderfarms":16szpole said:
This case was at the least, 2nd degree murder.Throwing her off the balcony was not what I'd call an assisted suicide or "Mercy" killing.I've seen first hand, kin that suffered a long time in the hospital, or hospice, and if Kevorkian's services were available they would have surely welcomed him.

I'll drink to that Crowder!

I see "assisted suicide" as perhaps a Chicken way to end it all...puts the actor in a difficult legal position. Even with terminal cancer, there are probably maximum amounts of the opiates (morphine, percodan, oxycontin, etc.) that can decrease the pain. Of course, with "too much" it could kill you. On the other hand, there is the issue of "Quality of Life" and the desire to live (or exist) without severe pain.

Crowderfarms":la5jpj4c said:

Alan wrote:

Alan

OK Alan.

I voted yes for assisted suicide, IF a person's quality of life is totally lost.ie; suffering trumatic pain, loss of bodily functions,(not just wetting their britches) a terminal no way out situation. Animals are routinely euthanized, why cant a terminally ill person elect to end their suffering?

I think it's a slippery slope, sure you have the right to die but when you make it legal for someone to assist you, that opens a possible in-road where someone else might end up deciding when you need assistance or even deciding to expedite your departure on a cost basis.

If assisted suicide were legal it would sure cut down on the number of divorces. :lol:

Funny how when a person is on life support in a hospital the family can legaly pull the plug. That to me is no differant than legal killing. Don't understand why pulling the plug is ok but compasionate assisted suicide is not. At least with the assisted suicide the sick person has a choice in the matter.

It seems its the lawyers and politicians who are against assisted suicide therefore one must look at it from their point of view to understand their reasoning. I imagine they fear that they too will one day be in that same position and in their eyes it would be much better to have a bunch of tubes and things stuck all in their body than dieing and going straight to hades. Then again, maybe its just the beer talking. :oops:

I'm for it.. not based on the example. It's a personal choice. No one should have the right to make a choice for someone else, and YOU should be able to decide your own fate or death.

I wonder if some sick people would feel obligated to do it, to save their family trouble and expense, if it were legal.

Yes, I'm for assisted suicide. I've watched my older brother die of cancer, as well as my maternal grandfather - and no one should have to die like they did.

The most selfish thing in the world is people that want others that are in incredible pain, misery, and agony to continue on. I am for assisted suiside, nooses and people having the right to stop if consciousness is unbearable. I say if you would shoot your dog if it was in a horrible condition then people should be so kind to humans.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3ku63b53 said:
Funny how when a person is on life support in a hospital the family can legaly pull the plug. That to me is no differant than legal killing. Don't understand why pulling the plug is ok but compasionate assisted suicide is not. At least with the assisted suicide the sick person has a choice in the matter.

the reason you are allowed to pull the plug is usually because two Doctors have already checked, and certified brain death, it will be just the machine keeping you breathing. The reason they say no to aided suicide is to protect the vunerable from curtain kinds of people who would kill them for the money and possessions, I do agree with aided suicide it is not nice to see a loved one suffer.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1znhn43p said:

Its different because the person is being kept alive solely by a machine, respirator, ventilator, and without the machine they could not breathe on their own, etc...They are technically not alive, no brain function,etc... When a person has terminal cancer, they are still breathing, and have brain function, it is different.

I would not wish the decision of pulling the plug on anyone.

GMN

I'm for it. I think we should all have the right to chose. Maybe sign a piece of paper saying if this happens then... I wouldn't let a dog suffer so why should they make me let a loved one suffer.

Latest posts