Assisted suicide; yes or no

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you for assisted suicide?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I would not call that assisted suicide, that was plain right murder. She may have been ill but that was a cruel death, a handful of pills would have been better. It would go down as suicide if only her finger prints were shown to be on the bottle.

not being able to pay is another story than someone being so ill they want out.

Alan":cdvpu85n said:
Just Curious":cdvpu85n said:
Alan":cdvpu85n said:

This isn't a case of assisted suicide.... No vote here

Meaning your not going to vote or you vote "no"?

I think is a case of assisted suicide, Dr. K did many of his assisted suicides in oregon and many of his assisted suicides said they would welcome death.

Alan

No... as in I am not going to provide an opinion... You're asking for an opion on a subject that is near and dear to my heart... But you're example mocks the question.

chrisy":oc7l5suu said:
I would not call that assisted suicide, that was plain right murder. She may have been ill but that was a cruel death, a handful of pills would have been better. It would go down as suicide if only her finger prints were shown to be on the bottle.

not being able to pay is another story than someone being so ill they want out.

Well none of us knows the whole story, to me it seems like an assisted suicide, but as I said we don't know if the wife asked for death. I will agree that there is/was many better ways to help someone out of the world. He may have also been out of his mind with greif and depression.... we don't know.

But my point of the post is not to wether this was a case of assisted suicide or not, just simply if you are for it or not.

Alan

Just Curious":260uze9i said:
Alan":260uze9i said:
Just Curious":260uze9i said:
Alan":260uze9i said:

This isn't a case of assisted suicide.... No vote here

Meaning your not going to vote or you vote "no"?

I think is a case of assisted suicide, Dr. K did many of his assisted suicides in oregon and many of his assisted suicides said they would welcome death.

Alan

No... as in I am not going to provide an opinion... You're asking for an opion on a subject that is near and dear to my heart... But you're example mocks the question.

Well, I believe you have posted an opinion, now lets just focus on the question and not the example. There is many things we are assumming about the story that we really don't know the answers to. Lets not twist the point of this post into somthing else, just focus on the question. I would also suggest, if you don't want to be involved in a post you don't post to it.

Alan

Heck, right now my first thought on this post is it may get deleted for being too political! :eek: :D

Alan

Just Curious":2s3gasnl said:
Alan":2s3gasnl said:
Heck, right now my first thought on this post is it may get deleted for being too political! :eek: :D

Alan
I think that it's a good topic Alan... Why are you interested?

I have been for it for many years. I have recently had two elderly friends pass. One died of cancer and had a long hard last couple of years, I felt he welcomed death and would have liked to had it come sooner. I think if I were in a bad way and in constent pain and confindment, I would welcome death also.

JMO,
Alan

When a person is dying from a cancer and the pain killers no longer work that should be their choice. Nothing is worse in the whole world then watching a loved one suffer until they finally pass away.
Yes, I am a Comfort One Provider. Did it twice don't want to do it again.

Yes, I believe in assisted suicide under certain circumstances. This guy was just trying to ease his own burden, not his wife's. I have never had to see someone suffer slowly, but I am sure that it would be the compassionate thing to do if that person desired to die and had the metal clarity to consent.

redfornow":1nzdmu9s said:
Alan":1nzdmu9s said:

Alan do you really want the vote?
Or is this some kind of plea for help?
Try meds first....

MD

This is one of those post that you have to set back and say HUH!???? what the heck are they talking about?

It's just asking for an opinion through a poll, just to clear things up, if you vote in the poll no one knows who you are or what your opinion is.

So yes, it is for nothing else then to gather others opinions, through a poll. On this poll, so far 70% of folks want it, but it is not legal. I find it interesting.

I'm still stuck on HUH? with your post.
Alan

I voted yes. I believe it is an act of compassion. Not talking about the example in specific, didn't even read it. In general ~ yes.

I'm just pickin on you.
Thats all.
If you need any "assistance"
Just let me know... :shock:

MD

redfornow":2k91ikou said:
I'm just pickin on you.
Thats all.
If you need any "assistance"
Just let me know... :shock:

MD

Oh, I pick the wrong day to quit sniffing glue! (Lloyd Bridges in Airplane) :D

Alan

i did not read the article but i do agree with some cases of assisted suicide. i did a report on it when i was a sophmore. it was titled "death with dignity". i guess that explains in a nutshell how i feel about it

I think in some cases assisted suicide if wanted by the person who is ill should be legal. In this case I do not think this is assisted suicide, but I think this story is very sad, and I think sometimes people do things out of desparation, without thinking things all the way thru.

GMN

Latest posts