Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Released

Help Support CattleToday:

red angus 2010

Reaction score
Well we might as well get started so this thread can be shut down in record time. Seems like there might be many questions to be answered regarding this event. Dad at the press conference appeared to be speaking a language of the middle east. Strikes me as strange. Wondered what would have happened if during WW II an American parent stood with Pres. Roosevelt or Truman and spoke to their son in german or japanese?

Yep this has smelled rotten from jump street.
The wandering off base, the 5 for one and he was in Pakistan as well.
What happened we don't negotiate with terrorist?
No ones dad would have even thought of trying to imitate the enemy in WWII
much less shown up at the White House with the POTUS.

But what you expect from our POS.

the father learned to speak a foreign language after Bowe was taken captive, as I am sure some of us would of done if our child were captured , so we could tell what the enemy was saying on tape
this has been a long ordeal for the family and the community of Hailey, Idaho
Suzanne
I do wish they could of got the release with out a prisoner exchange though

suzorse":2xe0i3hh said:
the father learned to speak a foreign language after Bowe was taken captive, as I am sure some of us would of done if our child were captured , so we could tell what the enemy was saying on tape
this has been a long ordeal for the family and the community of Hailey, Idaho
Suzanne
I do wish they could of got the release with out a prisoner exchange though

Is that why all he was missing was an AK 47 and would look like a Gitmo detainee.

wacocowboy":l54ejr6p said:
I hope this plays out ok but I have had a bad feeling since I read about this

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I'm w/Bez.......there's much to this that we will never know.

In my opinion it smells like a 5-day-old rotted body in a heated apartment.

Katherine

Praise be to Allah (to quote the happy father). This stinks to high heaven. Negotiating with terrorist and bypassing congress which is nothing new for this prez.

Now I am reading these were mid to high level terrorist who are already responsible for deaths, and will only be held in Qatar for one year then I guess they are free to go wherever. John McCain said these were the hardest of hardcore terrorist. This is not sounding like a wise trade.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... istan.html

"They are undoubtedly among the most dangerous Taliban commanders held at Guantanamo," said Thomas Joscelyn, a senior editor at the Long War Journal who keeps a close watch on developments concerning the detainees left at the Guantanamo Bay prison.

Fazl, for example, was the Taliban's former deputy defense minister and is wanted by the United Nations for his role in massacres targeting Afghan's Shi'ite Muslim population.

According to the 2008 Pentagon's dossier on Fazl disclosed by Wikileaks (PDF), Noori also was a senior Taliban military figure and, according to his Pentagon dossier, was asked personally in 1995 by Osama bin Laden (PDF) to participate in an offensive against northern alliance warlord Rashid Dostum.

Wasiq, a former deputy minister of intelligence, at one point tried to cooperate with U.S. forces in Afghanistan and asked for a GPS system as well as a special radio to communicate with the U.S. military after the U.S. invasion in 2001. His dossier (PDF) says that he was a crucial liaison between the Taliban and other Islamic fundamentalist groups while he was deputy intelligence minister. But the 2008 report also said he was holding out information he had on other top al Qaeda and Taliban leaders during interrogations.

Khairkhwa, a former Taliban governor of Herat, was considered by the Pentagon's 2008 dossier to be a likely heroin trafficker (PDF). That dossier also says he likely participated in meetings with Iranian officials after 9-11 to help plot attacks on U.S. forces following the invasion.

Iran has worked in some cases with the government that has replaced the Taliban in Afghanistan, but also has been accused by the U.S. military of supplying the Taliban and other insurgent groups with roadside bombs known as improvised explosive devices of IEDs.

Nabi held several military leadership posts for the Taliban and helped organize the al Qaeda/Taliban militias that fought against U.S. and coalition troops in the first year of the war, according to his Pentagon dossier (PDF).

heck they can have obummer, Reid, the whole Clinton Family, and Nancy Pelosi. To help them with their media we will give them MSNBC see if that send a thrill up their leg. We will send them Michael Moore to make movies for the terrorist to watch on movie night. In return for all that we will take a bag of sand.

pdfangus":1ibujjgy said:
suppose we offer them obummer......

How many more laws does he and his administration have to break before it stops?

Never mind.....I think I already know the answer to that.

Katherine

Ive just read the alledged deleted Tweet by Berghdahl Snr.
He wants all the Gitmo prisoners freed, He is a bigger POS than his son.

Not locked yet??
OK, here's my 2 cents.

A message to all our men and women who are serving their country.
In the future to avoid another Gitmo detainee from being released, TAKE NO POW's.!!
Sincerely
John

John Baker":1sphgxjn said:
Not locked yet??
OK, here's my 2 cents.

A message to all our men and women who are serving their country.
In the future to avoid another Gitmo detainee from being released, TAKE NO POW's.!!
Sincerely
John
I think that's the only thing you ever posted I like or agree with.

Latest posts