Brailsford not guilty. Video released

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":s8jn42jt said:
I've thought about that video 100 times today. Seemed like a real high stakes game of Simon says. So senseless.

I confess, i cant stop thinking about it either. Just so unnecessary and preventable.
Has me contrmplating things like law enforcement, education, finances, politics and priorities..just to list a few. Havent been able to shut my brain off for a few days.

Must have been something in the testimony that caused the jury to reach that verdict cause I'd hung his butt out to dry just on the video.

slick4591":5ybwe2s2 said:
Must have been something in the testimony that caused the jury to reach that verdict cause I'd hung his butt out to dry just on the video.
probably bc they didn't release the video until after the verdict.

ddd75":3qh4qt7l said:
slick4591":3qh4qt7l said:
probably bc they didn't release the video until after the verdict.

Was told his daddy is the head of internal affairs which raises this to another level if true.

slick4591":3h2citei said:
One video causes you to lose respect for cops (plural)? Dam!
Yes, that young man could of been my son. We try to work with the cops in our community, and the young ones and the old ones are easy to work. But the 30 to 40 year old Rambo type cops remind me of this murderer.

I don't know what all was and what was not presented to the jury.
I do know the judge ruled the "You're Fxckxd" aftermarket label put on the side of his gun by the officer was not to be allowed to be seen by the jury nor were they to be told about it.
I would argue the label showed the officer had an aggressive cavalier 'cowboy' mentality about his duties.

I understand the not guilty of murder verdict.... I do not understand why or how he is not guilty of manslaughter.

They say a pictures worth a 1000 words, look at the picture of that cop, what a disgrace, to serve and protect,feel bad for that kid and his family, wasn't armed, scared out of his mind and now dead, way to help out the reputation of police officers Barney.

Son of Butch":2bzj4te9 said:
I don't know what all was and what was not presented to the jury.
I do know the judge ruled the "You're Fxckxd" aftermarket label put on the side of his gun by the officer was not to be allowed to be seen by the jury nor were they to be told about it.
I would argue the label showed the officer had an aggressive cavalier 'cowboy' mentality about his duties.

I understand the not guilty of murder verdict.... I do not understand why or how he is not guilty of manslaughter.
Looked like murder to me. I try real hard to believe the cops side, and try real hard to trust the sanctity of a jury. This one tries all that real hard.

True Grit Farms":2bn02luq said:
slick4591":2bn02luq said:
One video causes you to lose respect for cops (plural)? Dam!
Yes, that young man could of been my son. We try to work with the cops in our community, and the young ones and the old ones are easy to work. But the 30 to 40 year old Rambo type cops remind me of this murderer.
"The safest way to make laws respected is to make them respectable." Frédéric Bastiat. I would add law officers to that quote too. I have had very little interaction with cops other than minor traffic violations. I have had many interactions offshore with Coast Guard, Homeland Security, and NOAA Agents. I have little respect for them because the laws they enforce are not respectable. It is as if you are a guilty criminal for being there. I have had Coast Guard come in my bunk room while on anchor and I was sound asleep, screaming at me to "Get Up". Hand on his pistol. For a "routine check". I've had Homeland Security Officers tell me "Laws do not apply to us and we can do whatever I want". I've had a Mississippi Conservation Officer screaming at me threatening to pull his pistol because I refuse to stop in a busy ship channel for a "routine check". Apparently when you are offshore, your "rights" cease to exist and law enforcement can do as they please.
Seems to me that cops can "get away" with more every day. This Brailsford case doesn't set a good example. I predict that the more govt gets involved in almost every aspect of peoples lives, people will lose respect for all law enforcers.

ddd75":27uu4w92 said:
slick4591":27uu4w92 said:
You can bet your bippie the jury saw it.

wrong. they released it AFTER the verdict.

Released to the PUBLIC after the verdict.
The foundation of the prosecution was two body cam videos.

Not taking up for the cops actions. But the jury saw the body cam video. If they didn't the verdict might be understandable.

ddd75":9ywdja2b said:
slick4591":9ywdja2b said:

The state would never hide their best evidence from a jury. Besides discovery motions there's also Brady v Maryland which basically tells the state they must turn over all evidence to the defense.

callmefence":1thu6oi0 said:
ddd75":1thu6oi0 said:
slick4591":1thu6oi0 said:

Released to the PUBLIC after the verdict.
The foundation of the prosecution was two body cam videos.

Not taking up for the cops actions. But the jury saw the body cam video. If they didn't the verdict might be understandable.

oh i see.