Are you ready to have your tail twisted?

Help Support CattleToday:

MWJ, the few plants that i have been in can handle 7 to 10 days production.... Call me old fashioned, but I remember when you could go to store, buy a steak, cook it and have a good meal. It didnt have to be CAB or some other branded beef , just a regular ol steak....One thing all those steaks had in common was aging.....

If aging wasnt so important why do all branded beef lines and high dollar steak houses age their beef? I will stand by my comment...aging would solve most of the beef eating qualities of our meat....

If you want to have some fun, next time your at a hay show or seminar and someone is a speaker for the meat packing industry,,,hit em up with questions on why they dont age,,,Its a lot of fun to watch em squirm.....especially when the crowd picks up on the line of BS they will try to feed you...

You will have some that will say that the introduction of the Continental cattle was the start of American displeasure in beef eating quality. I would suggest that it was the introduction of meat having to fit the box, and thus no aging was taking place. They both happen about the same time.

Latest posts