Are we getting soft?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":2amnu06y said:
Caustic Burno":2amnu06y said:
Stayed in the cool Big Thicket woods till almost dark.
When we got back to the house would clean up and spend the next hour picking seed ticks off. There was no such thing as AC.

That sir is the ultimate in sarcasm. Having worked the area myself many years ago I can confirm without hesitation that there are NO cool Big Thicket woods. A few areas just might not be quite as hot as others.

Well I left out the skeeters cause no one would believe there could be that many.

Caustic Burno":296apssw said:
TexasBred":296apssw said:
Caustic Burno":296apssw said:
Stayed in the cool Big Thicket woods till almost dark.
When we got back to the house would clean up and spend the next hour picking seed ticks off. There was no such thing as AC.

That sir is the ultimate in sarcasm. Having worked the area myself many years ago I can confirm without hesitation that there are NO cool Big Thicket woods. A few areas just might not be quite as hot as others.

Well I left out the skeeters cause no one would believe there could be that many.

Seen skeeters in Alaska come in a V formation like B-52 bombers. Pick up a full sized bull moose and pack him off.

I know I am getting soft, and proud of it. It's 31 degrees and blowing hard here. I loaded up my trailers with hay and pulled them in a horse shoe in the pasture for a wind break. All the while sitting in my tractor with the heat on, and thinking boy you got it made.

[/quote]

Seen skeeters in Alaska come in a V formation like B-52 bombers. Pick up a full sized bull moose and pack him off.[/quote]

They have wiped out all the moose here.

MistyMorning":s2b282is said:
I new it could gel, but i didn,t think it could while running.
If the windchill wasn't so brutal you could always take the broom. Course when you don't have enough fingers to fill out a glove, hanging on might be an extra trick....

angie":37q6a9uy said:
MistyMorning":37q6a9uy said:
I new it could gel, but i didn,t think it could while running.
If the windchill wasn't so brutal you could always take the broom. Course when you don't have enough fingers to fill out a glove, hanging on might be an extra trick....
Oh sassy, what cold wind blew you back on here?

Almost lost another digit yesterday when water was spraying everywhere out of the hydrant and I had to suck it up and shut it off. My glove stayed on the hydrant thank gawd my fingers came with me!

Oh sassy, what cold wind blew you back on here?
Day 2 of school cancelled. Day 2 of car not starting. Same thing that chased you on! Its too cold to work outside and all of the inside stuff has been done more than once, and I can't leave. Its like the Hotel California. It was either check in on CT or watch another re-run of Wife Swap so here I am! Besides, I kinda missed giving you a hard time and figured you were in the same boat I was. :lol2:

Almost lost another digit yesterday when water was spraying everywhere out of the hydrant and I had to suck it up and shut it off. My glove stayed on the hydrant thank gawd my fingers came with me!
Careful out there missy! Throw another log on your fire and tuck in!

Latest posts