Apple and Dell Batteries

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowadays, buying a computer from a brick and mortar is akin to paying the 'rack rate' at a hotel. Seems like they figure you either need one right now, or you didn't do your homework -- so you pay full pop.

I got a brand new Dell Inspiron 1200 notebook last year -- from Dell, not from eBay -- for $450, shipped.

Never had any problems with it, aside from frickin Norton utilities screwing everything up.. No hardware problems whatsoever. Near as I can tell, it's not affected by the recall either.

DiamondSCattleCo":vv58rblf said:
Herefordcross":vv58rblf said:
Dell=Junk I don't have a good thing to say about them whether they're using Sony or Toshiba batteries.

Interesting, I've got nothing but good things to say about them. Warranty replacements are sent out very quickly, with no grief like I've had at outlet stores like Future Shop or Staples, pricing is good, quality of the product is excellent for the most part. I don't really care for the "english is a second language" tech support coming out of India, but then there are no large computer manufacturers who still do tech support within the continental US or Canada, so you're going to get that whether you buy Dell, IBM, Compaq or Etc.

Rod

My son has a Gateway notebook that he bought at Best Buy. I think he paid 650.00 for it, basic. Now, he's done things to it since then, but that was the basic price. It had a lot of goodies bundled into it as well. Actually, it was the second Gateway notebook he bought. The first one was destroyed in his car wreck.

They don't do 60 mph impact to well...

I've had Dell for a about three years now and have had no complaints, the only thing is I changed the printer as Dell ink is expensive. nothing wrong with my batteries.

Looks like Apple has come to the party.

Wonder who's next.