Apple and Dell Batteries

Help Support CattleToday:

Seen that on the news today. Glad I don't have a dell laptop :shock:
I have an Acer one (on it right now).

IluvABbeef":2n5rk1d0 said:

They say it's not a exclusive Dell problem. Some batteries made by Sony for many distributers.

They showed another type that had caught on fire.

Seems like Dell is coming out first.

On mine right now 2.

IluvABbeef":119vqhpu said:
Wewild":119vqhpu said:
IluvABbeef":119vqhpu said:

Wonder why :roll:

I guess that they have 4.1 million batteries that create an exposure they think they would like to do something about and Sony's picking up a huge portion of the tab.

I wonder if your's has a bad battery. Hope not.

Dell's not alone on this.

Wewild":wqbfg7at said:
IluvABbeef":wqbfg7at said:
Wewild":wqbfg7at said:
IluvABbeef":wqbfg7at said:

Well, lets see, I've had this laptop for a full year now (bought it in beginning of August), been using it A LOT (every day for an average of 3 hrs/day), the only place where it gets noticabely hot is the area directly under the keyboard/touch pad, and the battery hasn't shown any signs of overheating or anything.

So I'll just have to say I (luckily) have a pretty darn good battery! :D ;-)

Herefordcross":p2sv1umf said:
Dell=Junk I don't have a good thing to say about them whether they're using Sony or Toshiba batteries.

Dell's primarily a mail-order company, isnt it?

I totally agree with you, I'd rather buy a computer at a place like Staples or some other stores where you get feedback on the good/bad of what you want to buy DIRECTLY with a sales person/computer expert.

That goes for batteries too.

IluvABbeef":krmzbhyk said:
Wewild":krmzbhyk said:
Wewild":krmzbhyk said:

Well, lets see, I've had this laptop for a full year now (bought it in beginning of August), been using it A LOT (every day for an average of 3 hrs/day), the only place where it gets noticabely hot is the area directly under the keyboard/touch pad, and the battery hasn't shown any signs of overheating or anything.

Had mine about that same amount of time. It get's noticably hot under the same area. Hasn't shown any signs of over heating....and Dell still says they will replace mine.

Herefordcross":24s9mla3 said:
Dell=Junk I don't have a good thing to say about them whether they're using Sony or Toshiba batteries.

Your entiled to an opinion.

How many you had.

IluvABbeef":28zm0x1w said:
Herefordcross":28zm0x1w said:

I totally agree with you, I'd rather buy a computer at a place like Staples or some other stores where you get feedback on the good/bad of what you want to buy DIRECTLY with a sales person/computer expert.

Your letting your intelligence show now....or partisan politics.

Wewild":fne8q9oy said:
IluvABbeef":fne8q9oy said:

Had mine about that same amount of time. It get's noticably hot under the same area. Hasn't shown any signs of over heating....and Dell still says they will replace mine.

Aah, but here's the clincher; I didn't get mine from Dell.

I said that already, didn't I? :lol: Oh well.

IluvABbeef":1dlsj1b2 said:

Wonder where the battery is from.....it seems to be the kicker.

Wewild":2hoqwxkd said:
IluvABbeef":2hoqwxkd said:
Herefordcross":2hoqwxkd said:

Your letting your intelligence show now....or partisan politics.

:roll: thanks :lol:

Wewild":1g41dgh0 said:
IluvABbeef":1g41dgh0 said:

Wonder where the battery is from.....it seems to be the kicker.

I've no idea where its from, but all I can tell you is that it's a Turion battery (I think; I don't have the userguide with me right now..). Came with the computer (duh! :roll: )

All I can say is that just so long it's workin properly, then there's no real cause to worry about things like this.

Unless I'm wrong...

You can buy a pad that keeps the laptop cool when the battery heats up. My son was looking into it. He uses his all the time and I worry that he'll cook his, um, genetic materials, and I want to be a grandma one day! Not any time soon, though. Maybe in like, ten years!

Herefordcross":20eh5ew8 said:

Interesting, I've got nothing but good things to say about them. Warranty replacements are sent out very quickly, with no grief like I've had at outlet stores like Future Shop or Staples, pricing is good, quality of the product is excellent for the most part. I don't really care for the "english is a second language" tech support coming out of India, but then there are no large computer manufacturers who still do tech support within the continental US or Canada, so you're going to get that whether you buy Dell, IBM, Compaq or Etc.

Rod

Latest posts