Anybody remember were you were at 18 years ago today?

Help Support CattleToday:

We were working on a building and heard it on the radio, not much later the other tower was hit and then the Pentagon, knew something was happening, very sad day, still is today, thoughts and prayers still go out to everyone involved, worst part about it is the master mind behind it and is still alive and waiting trial.

We had about 20 Holstein bottle calves at the time and I kept a radio on in the barn. I was doing the morning feeding and could just get bits and from the radio broadcast but could tell it was something really bad had happened. I couldn`t believe what I was seeing when I got back in the house and turned the tv on I will never forget it.

10th grade history class. Teacher wheeled in TV, turned off lights and said, "this is your modern day Pearl Harbor, a day which will live in infamy." All we did was watch TV that day in every class. Library was packed at lunch, watching overhead monitors - standing room only.

I was at work and my partner's wife called to say a plane had hit one of the towers. We turned on the tv to watch and had just assumed it was an accident. We were watching a live broadcast that was showing the damage when the second plane hit. We saw it on tv in realtime. At that point, we knew what it was, but had no idea the towers would collapse.

A guy I know was in NY on business. He had just walked into the lobby of one of the towers when the first plane hit. He immediately ran out and was lucky enough to be able to be ahead of the crowds so he rented a car and drove all the way back to Atlanta (remember all flights across the country were grounded).

I was just getting ready to leave for school. I was going in later that day because I was attending a training instead of goi g to the classroom. I had on Good Morning America, and before I walked out, the first plane had hit the tower. By the time I got to school, the second plane had hit. Needless to say, that was the focus of the day over anything else we were supposed to be doing.

I was setting at my desk and designing aircraft repairs that occur from corrosion in aluminum structure. This were on airplanes that were built in 1957 era and still going with repairs and new wing skins and re powered with modern engines. These planes were for the Air Force.I was 60 years old at the time. Turned 62 on Jan 4 2002, was let go six months later.

Southern IL Univ Edwardsville, my second year of college. First class at 8am (CT) was Interpersonal Comm. The prof was late more days than not. Coke bottle glasses and weird as He!!, side job was her ice cream truck, and yes, she drove it to work and everywhere. So when she walked in even later than usual, apologizing because she was listening to radio in her truck because "some plane hit a building in NY" kind of with an ignorant giggle, and then even said "what an idiot", the 30 of us thought nothing of it, she was weird of the weird.

Walked into the 900 class before it started, and what the previous lady said, quickly came together because a lot of students had not had an 800 class and knew quite a bit. Earth Science prof walked in a few minutes late, shook his head, "this class and subject matter means nothing today, goodbye everyone" and walked right back out. A student walked in 2 seconds later and celebrated class being cancelled quite dramatically, until a few students hushed him quickly and told him why, for his jaw to hit the ground.

Glued to the TV the rest of the day

We were living in Scottsdale, AZ at the time, getting ready for work. When the 2nd plane hit my blood ran cold and I could barely breathe - my husband was supposed to be in that tower for a business meeting but had rescheduled.

On a drilling rig in Saudi Arabia,only white eye on location. They were all hooping and hollering with excitement: sad sad day

f1tiger said:
On a drilling rig in Saudi Arabia,only white eye on location. They were all hooping and hollering with excitement: sad sad day
Not a good place to be.....dang.....

The next Monday I dropped my youngest son off to go to basic training.
He had signed up several months earlier. He scored so high on his entrance exam the USAF offered college for a eight year stint. Wasn't interested wanted to jump out of perfectly good airplanes. Was on USAF CCT.

Oh wow I feel REAL OLD!! I had to get out all my fingers and toes. Being 21 now shoot I was a baby. 😉
I was sleeping my sister in law kept knocking on the door waking me up. I was so wore out I had stay up until 5 or 6am. She wouldn't stop knock on the door. Finally I got up to throw her in the well. 🤣 I couldn't wake up to understand what she was talking about. I just kept looking at her like she lost her mind. 🤯🤪 After waking up I watch it on tv in total disbelief and shock. This was my senior year of high school.
Many years late I have been by the 911 memorial. Even to this day its hard for me to totally understand and comprehend the level of everything. I've seen it on tv but without being there or personally experiences it, its truely hard to really grasp how it has really affected people lifes. I have lost love one but that's definitely different. Some people were never even found. I can't even imagine how their familys and friends feel. 🙏🏽 most of us have gone on with our daily lifes not thinking much about it while peoples lives have been forever affected. 😥 not to mention our country as a whole.

Latest posts