Anybody have a barn find?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I see these a lot on the net........only things I ever find in a barn, I have to remove with a shovel...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic ... li=BBnbfcL

$

Nope but I have been looking for one of those barns. Well back about 30 years ago I did find a jeep in a barn on the side of the county road, the door was blown open or something. Anyways I stopped to looked and it was a old Willis jeep in there. I never saw one before, it had a 3 point and PTO on it. I was too stupid at the time to realize how rare it was or was going to be. I went back many years later and the barn was there, jeep gone.

My Dad bought a barn full of hay. As we were loading the hay we discovered an old car. It was a Whippet all there except radiator which would have to be custom made. To young to be interested. Went back several years later probable at lest twenty. No barn or Whippet

Just down the road there is a barn with a 50s Pontiac sedan in it. Barn is falling in, car is sunk to the ground. Probably scrap metal, I don't believe it's a desirable model.

I do love old cars, I think the radical designs of the 60s we're unmatched, a stark contrast to what cars have become. Same for boats and outboard motors too.

57-59 Studebaker Silver or golden hawk is my new dream ride. If I ever find a builder in my price rand I am getting it.

We have gradually gotten rid of our "barn cars." Now just gotta keep the door barred against any more sneaking in there...

SALTBRANCH2":1mbmoop6 said:
57-59 Studebaker Silver or golden hawk is my new dream ride. If I ever find a builder in my price rand I am getting it.
If you can find one already built ,and resonable ...best go that route..you can sink a ton in a restoration...I'm slowly doing just that..if I hadn't bought this one as a kid,, I wouldn't touch it..

ALACOWMAN":1t1w2kws said:
SALTBRANCH2":1t1w2kws said:
If you can find one already built ,and resonable ...best go that route..you can sink a ton in a restoration...I'm slowly doing just that..if I hadn't bought this one as a kid,, I wouldn't touch it..
Thats for sure, I agree. I just like doing the build, it may take me awhile. I am currently building a 2000 Mustang Gt with 14' Coyote 5.0 with turbo hooked to a powerglide with a 4500 stall. I figure by the time I get it on the road, it will be a 2.5- to 3 year build. On paper it should be pushing 1200-1500hp to the ground, thats in theory.

SALTBRANCH2":3r18dmjt said:
one of my friends is a Studebaker lover.. has quite a few, I don't think any are showroom restored though

SALTBRANCH2":t7ludfle said:
Nesikep, those a some sweet rides for sure
this was my roommates car.. At the time it had a bored and stroked 400 small block, Turbo350 tranny, high stall converter, dominator carb, 500 single stage shot of nitrous, and yes, he bottle launched it.. best on that engine was a 8.80 quarter mile.. Later he built a 632cu in big block, 3 stages of nitrous and a powerglide.. don't know what it's best time on that setup was.. was a totally crazy car to be in

SALTBRANCH2":2bij2ayl said:
ALACOWMAN":2bij2ayl said:
SALTBRANCH2":2bij2ayl said:
Thats for sure, I agree. I just like doing the build, it may take me awhile. I am currently building a 2000 Mustang Gt with 14' Coyote 5.0 with turbo hooked to a powerglide with a 4500 stall. I figure by the time I get it on the road, it will be a 2.5- to 3 year build. On paper it should be pushing 1200-1500hp to the ground, thats in theory.
Guess I should of said mine is a Chevelle SS.....

These are all I got for now. I am shooting for low 8 seconds in the quarter, high 7's would be sexy though.