Anybody been vehicle shopping lately.......

Help Support CattleToday:

Straight axle, 22r motor and a 5 spd. right? If the frame doesnt rust in two right behind the cab and you keep a few qts. of oil in it it will run forever. Heck even fixing the frame is pretty easy done a couple of them. They go anywhere and can be fixed with a Home Depot homeowner tool box. Easy to see why everybody loves them, wish I had mine back!
I'd like to see you fold your ass up to get in one! :ROFLMAO:

Straight axle, 22r motor and a 5 spd. right? If the frame doesnt rust in two right behind the cab and you keep a few qts. of oil in it it will run forever. Heck even fixing the frame is pretty easy done a couple of them. They go anywhere and can be fixed with a Home Depot homeowner tool box. Easy to see why everybody loves them, wish I had mine back!
22r but with a 4 speed 410 gears....handy as a pocket knife ,or I would have done sold it by now..

I'd like to see you fold your ass up to get in one! :ROFLMAO:

You think thats bad you should have seen when my wife had her Honda S2000 when we first got together. I had to put my feet on the pedals as I got in because I couldn't move them once I got there. If the top was down I looked over the windshield, always felt like a freaking Shriner in one of those mini Vettes!😂

Needless to say I didnt ride it much!

Like I mentioned in a different post we just ordered a 2022 Jeep Wrangler as it was a better deal than buying a used overpriced one. When we went to stealerships they had next to nothing new on the lots, used ones were asking 5k over kbb, we looked at a bare bones Jeep gladiator before New Year's Eve, they had a 32k price on it. Went back there a week later and they had a 42,500k price on the same vehicle. Then the salesperson told us that they were actually adding a $5k dealer mark up to that price so out the door it was a $47,500 vehicle before license and registration fees. He said if we ordered one they were doing the same thing. So we left and called around until we found a dealership that said they didn't charge the mark up fee on ordered vehicles and it was just the msrp only price. So we are waiting for our new bare bones wrangler.

Like I mentioned in a different post we just ordered a 2022 Jeep Wrangler as it was a better deal than buying a used overpriced one. When we went to stealerships they had next to nothing new on the lots, used ones were asking 5k over kbb, we looked at a bare bones Jeep gladiator before New Year's Eve, they had a 32k price on it. Went back there a week later and they had a 42,500k price on the same vehicle. Then the salesperson told us that they were actually adding a $5k dealer mark up to that price so out the door it was a $47,500 vehicle before license and registration fees. He said if we ordered one they were doing the same thing. So we left and called around until we found a dealership that said they didn't charge the mark up fee on ordered vehicles and it was just the msrp only price. So we are waiting for our new bare bones wrangler.
Seeing that same thing here. Not all dealerships are doing that but you really have to look around.

Yup, I gave up too. Was going to buy new, but we have ZERO leverage and they know it. Found a used 08 duramax dually with 185K for 13K. Seemed like a great deal. Brought it to my mechanic and we put it on the lift and it looked good. Use it for hauling cattle and brewers grain. So far, so good.....

I wish I had never sold my Toyota 5 speed SR5 extended cab. The back springs were stiff, would fish tale easy and with the small cab I was pretty cramped even with the seat back. It would get 24mpg with the 22R engine and I never had one problem with it. Here it is in the picture. The guy I sold it to his son took to college at UT and it got stolen there.

wmpYsyV.jpg

Last edited:
You think thats bad you should have seen when my wife had her Honda S2000 when we first got together. I had to put my feet on the pedals as I got in because I couldn't move them once I got there. If the top was down I looked over the windshield, always felt like a freaking Shriner in one of those mini Vettes!😂

Needless to say I didnt ride it much!
Myself and one of his neighbors helped old Dun put a new engine in his 1929 (?) Model A pickup. When we were done we took it for a ride and I tried to drive it back to his house. Whenever I had to push the clutch in to change gears, I had to open the driver's door so I could lean my leg out the side. Otherwise, there wasn't enough room between the steering wheel and the clutch pedal for my lower leg.

Wash.jpg

Myself and one of his neighbors helped old Dun put a new engine in his 1929 (?) Model A pickup. When we were done we took it for a ride and I tried to drive it back to his house. Whenever I had to push the clutch in to change gears, I had to open the driver's door so I could lean my leg out the side. Otherwise, there wasn't enough room between the steering wheel and the clutch pedal for my lower leg.

View attachment 12558
Least you got to ride in the front seat

I wish I had never sold my Toyota 5 speed SR5 extended cab. The back springs were stiff, would fish tale easy and with the small cab I was pretty cramped even with the seat back. It would get 24mpg with the 22R engine and I never had one problem with it. Here it is in the picture. The guy I sold it to his son took to college at UT and it got stolen there.

wmpYsyV.jpg
Are you still storing my truck for me?

Least you got to ride in the front seat
Ha! Which one of us was on the back for the initial test ride? I can't remember what I did yesterday, much less a few years back!

But I still haven't forgot about the warm antifreeze (hope that's what it was) you guys dumped on me while I was laying under the truck.

I'm not buying any newer vehicles for a while! (probably my life)

Picked this one up last year, 100k miles, needed a bunch of TLC but it drives real nice
20201030_173058.jpg

This one had a repaint in 2014,needs a little TLC again now, 350,000 miles
20201030_134007.jpg

My "Play" truck, got some power plans for it, 750-1000 hp, might make it a shortbox
20200829_143411 truck.jpg

Latest posts