Any cummins guys in here?

Help Support CattleToday:

B&M Farms":36xlbsp1 said:
As far as Cummins go, they make the best and cheapest to repair small diesel engine on the market for a light truck and have for a long time now. Dam shame you can't get it in a Ford. JMO

You can but you have to buy a F650 or bigger.

Calhoun Farm":crscwv6r said:
B&M Farms":crscwv6r said:
As far as Cummins go, they make the best and cheapest to repair small diesel engine on the market for a light truck and have for a long time now. Dam shame you can't get it in a Ford. JMO

You can but you have to buy a F650 or bigger.
I know a guy that put a 2nd generation 5.9 in his 2006 3/4 ton Chevy, so I'm sure you could get one in a ford to.

Im a big cummins/dodge guy but id have to say 2001-2003 or a 92-97 im not a huge fan of the 24 valves but they served theyre purpose the 12 valves were great though. Not a cummins owner sadly im runnin a 360 magnum with my standard cab shortbed.

Denver,

There is dairy farmer here that put a 5.9 in a Chevy dually. It blew my mind the first time he pulled into the CO-OP next to me and I heard that ole familiar sound coming out of a Chevrolet! I have a 2000 Dodge 2500 4wd with the 5.9 Cummins in it. It has a little over 130k miles and should last me at least another ten years!

Here's my 07 cummins 4x4 6 speed.

CF27996D-1675-4E2A-B4CE-15E164521423-204-000000F03DE31845_zps473fdf49.jpg

The dreaded death wobble. This summer my ol 95 12 valve went into the death wobble at about 65 mph. It's a ranch truck and a bit dirty inside and out. And when I had got it under control I had to roll the window down and stick my head out the window to see. All the dust off the floor from the wobble had made it impossible to see out. People were pulled off the road wondering what the hell I was driving. My steering shock was worn out.

A few shops sell kits to fix the death wobble in Dodge trucks. Ford does not have this problem with the older straight front axle. And the new Ram trucks they claim won't have this problem either. It only takes 1 hour max to install the kit.

2000 and 2002 both at around 100-125k did the shake and buck trick on me too. I thought I was dying first time it did it. Full load of cattle at 65+. Both times steering dampner fixed it. I kept a spare on hand after that!

Replace the stabilizer shock with a good one and the wobble will usually go away if nothing else is wrong. The factory shocks don't last very long especially if you are off pavement a lot. If you run mud grips on the front or oversized tires an aftermarket stabilizer with dual shocks is usually better.

dieselbeef":14quwfbq said:
yep..its common if ya let the frt end get worn out dont help

Db is right here. Death wobble occurs mostly in Dodge trucks , Ford trucks and Jeeps. Its mainly just worn out front end parts. I mentioned in another thread that I just spent $1700 to have my whole front end redone. Mostly new ball joints, CV joints, new bushings. I even put a steering box stabilizer on mine to help out. My trac bar was fine, but that sometimes is one of the causes as well. Just gotta spend a few bucks to get it back into shape, and its just fine.

well i wouldnt call that the end all fix but it sure stifens up the frt end feel.

also sold by bd and alot of other variations of that out there. its a good setup. thought about doing mine.

cummins forum has a 3rd gen trac bar and frt end rebuild to newer upgrades also

Latest posts