Any cummins guys in here?

Help Support CattleToday:

Calhoun Farm

Reaction score
Just wondering if any cummins guys on CT, I've owned four of them and currently have an '06 2500 4wd 6spd manual. I love the truck, I've done some hp mods to it and had it tuned. I'm around 425hp at the wheels on my tow file and 500hp on my race file.

Here's a couple of towing pics I have.

2003 2500 4WD auto. It had a programmer with it when I bought it but I was never able to identify a manufacturer. Has a toggle switch in the cab with 3 settings but no clue on what performance they give me.

bought my first one in 89,2nd in 92 4th in 99 5th in 04 and 6th in 12 the 3rd was in there somewhere just can't remember now those were the ones in 3/4 or 1 tons
have had several in semi's

why do you need the motor all jacked up with no more load than you are pulling in those pics
I have had several loads weigh over 20,000 on some of mine and that's not counting the truck or the trailer
I think the only engine out there that is as reliable as a Cummins is a Cat in Semis and in pickups I would either own a Cummins or a Dmax

I've got a 2007 4x4 daully 6 speed with 6.7, I've always liked it but since my warranty has ended I have taken the egr and exhaust filters off and put a chip in it. It now makes 525hp and no, I don't need that much but with that much power I can put it in 6th and idle everywhere I go and empty I get 24+ mpg. Pulling a load of 10 to 15k I can get better than 16mpg and with a bigger load I still get over 13mpg. I have turned it back down to about 425hp to be a little better on the clutch.

I have a 2001 with 150,000 miles and have never touched the motor. It will pull everything I can load in the trailer so I have never messsed with the power.

2000 3/4 auto good truck traded for 02 6sp. Put around 80 hp extra tore clutch out put 800hp one in and traded for dmax. Worst thing ever
Have 10 auto now. Exhaust brake is really nice. See they putting Cummins in half ton next year...

kenny thomas":3b82h8wd said:
I have a 2001 with 150,000 miles and have never touched the motor. It will pull everything I can load in the trailer so I have never messsed with the power.
It just can't get out of a wet field

hooknline":2xj06lpo said:
kenny thomas":2xj06lpo said:
It just can't get out of a wet field
Yep, got me there. Best truck ever onroad but useless offroad.

Till-Hill":ubikjtqv said:
2000 3/4 auto good truck traded for 02 6sp. Put around 80 hp extra tore clutch out put 800hp one in and traded for dmax. Worst thing ever
Have 10 auto now. Exhaust brake is really nice. See they putting Cummins in half ton next year...
I know there will be a diesel half ton, but are you sure it's a cummins?

denvermartinfarms":3atlrymk said:
Till-Hill":3atlrymk said:

5.0 v-8 Cummins in the Nissan Titan 2014 I think, Dodge will have the v-6 diesel(not sure of brand)
Dodge Cummins 1 tons ran hotshot-
97- sold at 550k
99-402k
2001-370k
2004-325k and running, 1st 11months i had this I put 100k on it. Then I took a time card job and sold to my father who ran hotshot with for a year or so and retired. Only truck I ever modded was the 97. All others were stock.

I've got a 1998.5 Ram 2500/Cummins 4x4 with 202k and all oem except for fuel delivery and bhaf. I've only driven it 4k in the last eight years. It's a keeper.

I got my first Cummins last year. 2010 4x4 with manual 6sp. No problems so far. All stock. Only things I pull with it is women and my boat. ;-)

saltbranch":ceboo0oi said:
denvermartinfarms":ceboo0oi said:
Till-Hill":ceboo0oi said:

5.0 v-8 Cummins in the Nissan Titan 2014 I think, Dodge will have the v-6 diesel(not sure of brand)
Dodge Cummins 1 tons ran hotshot-
97- sold at 550k
99-402k
2001-370k
2004-325k and running, 1st 11months i had this I put 100k on it. Then I took a time card job and sold to my father who ran hotshot with for a year or so and retired. Only truck I ever modded was the 97. All others were stock.

The diesel motor dodge is saying they will put in a 1/2 ton is not a Cummins. Can't remember but I think it was some kind of in house Crysler motor or some junk.

I've heard it's going to be a v6 Chrysler engine, seems like the numbers were around 275hp and 425lbs of torque, I may be wrong but that seems close. It's also only going to be about 2000$ extra, and should get 25 to 30mpg in a 4x4 half ton. If all that ends up being right, I would expect they sell them faster than they can be built.

I just read where Dodge came out with a new 6.4 hemi that produces more horsepower than a cummins. Torque isnt as high though.

I had a 01 3/4 ton traded in for 03 Dually 4 x 4. I put an edge programmer on it. I can adjust power according to what I need for towing. Got about 180000 mi on it now so it's just broken in. Going to keep it until it or I die. Probably be me 1st.
The diesel going into the Dodge 1/2 ton is one that has been sold in Europe in various cars for awhile now, not a cummins can 't recall brand at this time.
:tiphat:

I like cummins better as a straight 6, and in a red tractor or combine.
10734295613_25000cc89e_c.jpg

I learned a little about the half ton diesel today, it's a v6 3.0 240hp and 420lbs of torque, and it with come with a 8 speed transmission. it's a VM motori engine I guess, I've never heard of them. I don't think I would buy one of the first ones out, but if they turn out ok, I think they will take over the half ton market.

denvermartinfarms":uxgx5g4w said:
I learned a little about the half ton diesel today, it's a v6 3.0 240hp and 420lbs of torque, and it with come with a 8 speed transmission. it's a VM motori engine I guess, I've never heard of them. I don't think I would buy one of the first ones out, but if they turn out ok, I think they will take over the half ton market.
Except for the fact they will have a dodge body wrapped around them. That will put a lot of people off.

Latest posts