Any college football fans out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

:( :( good game, our O line and for the most part our D line just got out manned. :( Until next year..... On to LSU in Dallas.

:(

Ga, I just don't know what to think about you and your "war eagle" cry, I think it probably came from some drunk frat boy in the sixties.... Just after he lit up. Someone will be crying, don't think it will be my Ducks.
Auburn was not as quick or tricky but had Oregon overpowered from the start. I would be crying if I had averaged what Oregon did this year and I could`nt muster up but 19 points in the biggest game of the year. No doubt Oregon has a good team and it was a good game but it was "Duck Soup" tonight. I cant let you off too easy Alan after all the bragging you posted. :nod: :nod:

Circle H Ranch

Hopfully I didn't brag too much other than ga.prime and I giving each other some good spirited lip. Bottom line we got out played and out manned by a better, bigger team. Cattleman you are kind of late to the party, this thread has been going on since just after the first game of the season and lasted for 15+ pages. I would loved to have you enter the conversation before the end of the final college game of the season. We got out played and still lost by a field goal with 2 seconds to go, Duck soup.... Maybe.

My big wish for the off season is that someone teaches Lou Holtz how to correctly pronouce Oregon, he has only screwed it up 214 times this year.

Van, TB and ga.prime...sorry no socks.

Until letter of intent day and LSU (btw it sounds like les miles may be headed to Michigan).

Really duck soup? 22-19 Auburn
Alan

This is not my first post on this thread. I have just been sitting back and reading until after the big game. I know what you mean about Lou also. Lee Corso called Auburn Arizona before the game started. I think he is more concerned about how he looks that what he says sometimes. I am actually an Alabama fan but I had to pull for Auburn to win tonight. I have a lot of friends that went to Auburn. My vet and his wife and daughter went to the game. He could not find any tickets but already had the flight and room booked so I dont even know if he got in to see the game.

Circle H Ranch

Great game! Oregon was a very worthy opponent for an awesome AU team. Alan, too bad one of us had to be disappointed. Glad it wasn't me. :D

Oregon was the best coached teem, lots of differnt looks no dumb mistakes and a coach that knows what it takes to win.
Was the field terrible or what, sure glad there was no bad injuries cause of it. GO DUCKS

ga.prime":2y6m1d93 said:
Great game! Oregon was a very worthy opponent for an awesome AU team. Alan, too bad one of us had to be disappointed. Glad it wasn't me. :D
Good game and very entertainiing but not great by any stretch of the imagination. Can't say anything negative about either team as I think everybody gave it all they had. Now TCU is sitting at home thinking "What about us"?? :cowboy: I don't know what Auburn has coming back next year but the Ducks will be there again.

I was disappointed with the way Oregon's offense played in this game. The defense did its job and contained (for the most part) Auburn's offense. But I have to say the O-line for Oregon didn't show up. I realize Auburn has a very good D-line but they were getting through nearly every play. If Oregon's O-line would have done any form of blocking this game would have easily gone to the Ducks. I have to question going for it on 4th & goal. This was a close game and I felt they should have kicked the FG and taken the points. The way Auburn was smothering them in the red zone, you almost knew the Ducks weren't getting in.

novaman":2vzf72jp said:
I was disappointed with the way Oregon's offense played in this game. The defense did its job and contained (for the most part) Auburn's offense. But I have to say the O-line for Oregon didn't show up. I realize Auburn has a very good D-line but they were getting through nearly every play. If Oregon's O-line would have done any form of blocking this game would have easily gone to the Ducks. I have to question going for it on 4th & goal. This was a close game and I felt they should have kicked the FG and taken the points. The way Auburn was smothering them in the red zone, you almost knew the Ducks weren't getting in.
Nova I had those same thoughts. Auburn wracked up a lot of yardage but they too scored less than half their average. still a good game and a lot for each time to build on.

TexasBred":23n0esnu said:
Auburn wracked up a lot of yardage but they too scored less than half their average.

That's right. It's like Cam Newton wasn't there. Got injured early but stayed in.

TexasBred":23n0esnu said:
And if he doesn't play Auburn gets beat by 40...

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It was a great game if you were an Auburn fan. :D

ga.prime":22rv8l66 said:
TexasBred":22rv8l66 said:
Auburn wracked up a lot of yardage but they too scored less than half their average.

That's right. It's like Cam Newton wasn't there. Got injured early but stayed in.
TexasBred":22rv8l66 said:
And if he doesn't play Auburn gets beat by 40...

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It was a great game if you were an Auburn fan. :D
Was that why he took the dive late in the game rather than get hit?? :lol2: Oh Newton was there. At least his presence was. That opened up everthing else. If you could pass instead of chunk they would have scored 3-4 more touchdowns. Glad you enjoyed the game but "great" it won't ever be. I still think he's a thug with more thugs for team mates and won't make it in the NFL but he'll get a big contract, enjoy his money and retire young.

ga.prime":i9rufiea said:
I know he was limping around a few times but he didn't look seriously injured to me. He was still carrying the ball on 3rd & 4th and short in the 4th quarter. I thought Oregon did a good job of containing his running threat. On the other hand they did poor on their pass coverage. Now I haven't seen a lot of Newton so maybe this game was an exception but I was not at all impressed with his accuracy. There were a lot of open receivers but it seemed like he was missing on a several throws that were not easy by any means but I thought he looked a bit exposed. If he expects to be a starter at the next level he needs to work on the accuracy. Yes he can run well but that only works for so long in the NFL. Vick is a good example.

TB if Newton would have been at Oregon he would be the greatest QB ever and you would be defending him all the way. Oregon had players that have been in trouble but we are not complaining about that. I guess their not thugs though. Oregon is kinda close to California so I guess having pot in the car doesnt count. I have a feeling that if Auburn had needed 3-4 more scores they could have gotten them. They have done it all year long . But then again Oregon has scored at will all year too but that wasnt the case last night. It was a good game but IMO much closer than I expected. Newton, yea he is a chunker instead of a passer. Thats how he won the Heisman, he out chunked everybody else.

Circle H Ranch

Cattleman200":13hr3em7 said:
TB if Newton would have been at Oregon he would be the greatest QB ever and you would be defending him all the way. Oregon had players that have been in trouble but we are not complaining about that. I guess their not thugs though. Oregon is kinda close to California so I guess having pot in the car doesnt count. I have a feeling that if Auburn had needed 3-4 more scores they could have gotten them. They have done it all year long . But then again Oregon has scored at will all year too but that wasnt the case last night. It was a good game but IMO much closer than I expected. Newton, yea he is a chunker instead of a passer. Thats how he won the Heisman, he out chunked everybody else.

Circle H Ranch

Nope..haven't liked him from the get go. Just a punk ass kid with a lot of hype. Certainly didn't look like Auburn got their money's worth. :mrgreen: Go back and look at he post Alan made a while back about the "Oregon Kids in Trouble". It's on this same thread. Newton brings trouble everwhere he goes. And no sir he won the heisman running...and yes he's a chunker. Missed a half dozen passes BIG, not even close. But...it was an enjoyable game and Auburn is national champ. They won fair and square.

Will Newton join the draft? I don't even know what year he is in school. QB's like Newton don't work in the NFL because they get injured too much. NFL tacklers are bigger and meaner and when they catch a QB running they light up with smiles. He will have to learn to stay in the pocket and go down when he's caught. Get rid of the ball, never take a hit you can avoid.

john250":3grsre03 said:
Will Newton join the draft? I don't even know what year he is in school. QB's like Newton don't work in the NFL because they get injured too much. NFL tacklers are bigger and meaner and when they catch a QB running they light up with smiles. He will have to learn to stay in the pocket and go down when he's caught. Get rid of the ball, never take a hit you can avoid.
Might as well go pro...I'm sure he's taken just enough subjects to remain elligible in college and wouldn't graduate in 25 years.

TexasBred":1viqgnbc said:
I still think he's a thug with more thugs for team mates and won't make it in the NFL but he'll get a big contract, enjoy his money and retire young.
Like basketball, it's a thug league. It's a thug world. Not much you can do about it. You're right, with few exceptions Heisman winners don't pan out in the NFL. Whatever the future brings, he had a season in the sun.

john250":33mkrppl said:
Will Newton join the draft? I don't even know what year he is in school.
One year at Florida, one year at juco, one year at Auburn, got another year. Don't think he'll use it. Top ten draft projection.

The problem with the Oregon Ducks are they were out muscled. The announcers said the Tigers defensive line averaged 45 lbs per man more than the Ducks, and I don't believe it was fat either. The main problem for the teams from the north country is recruiting the best players, you have to be good to talk a recruit into coming to the ice, the rain, and snow.

Nope..haven't liked him from the get go. Just a punk ass kid with a lot of hype. Certainly didn't look like Auburn got their money's worth. Go back and look at he post Alan made a while back about the "Oregon Kids in Trouble". It's on this same thread.

I am not talking about this incident. Did I not hear on the pregame show about I believe it was the QB for Oregon being in a car that was stopped for leaving a gas station without paying or something and when they stopped the car there was pot found? I know I am not dreaming that up. They said the other guy claimed it and he didnt get in trouble but by a lot of peoples guidelines he would be a thug by association. You guys act like the team is a bunch of angels. Heck like Ga Prime said the whole world is a thug world. Im not surprised at anything that happens in the NCAA. What i am surprised at is you guys defending these players like their your children and they can do no wrong.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts