Any college football fans out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime, you really do chose your fights and comments without backing them up. I'm not talking about this 1980 Jackie stuff. How about a good conversation without hiding? And yes I'm fighting with my wife and looking for a release..... Help me please!
:D

Alan

ga.prime":1rabl9xk said:
TexasBred":1rabl9xk said:
Seems ol' Jackie learned well while a student and University of Alabama.
Bear Bryant disciple. How do you think bammer won 6 national championships? :D
Apparently the bear didn't teach him all his secrets...like "How to not get caught". :lol2: :lol2: Nawww it ain't the coaches usually...it's the dang alumni. They're the loose cannons.

Alan":280xqn6z said:
ga.prime, you really do chose your fights and comments without backing them up. I'm not talking about this 1980 Jackie stuff. How about a good conversation without hiding? And yes I'm fighting with my wife and looking for a release..... Help me please!
:D

Alan

Lesson learned I hope, don't post anything while angry at your wife. :oops:

Alan

Say what you will, and make any excuses you want to, Auburn is the National Champions of College football. Remarks about AU not being able to beat previous national champs is bogus. You play in the present, in the here and now. In my state of Alabama, we hear all the whining from the Tuscaloosa bunch about Auburn being lucky, and Auburn cheaated. Seems like it's coming from other parts of the country as well. Oregon didn't play up to par? Well, that's college football. Cam Newton wasn't up to par, but Auburn still won. Oregon was the better coached team? Well, those superior coaches didn't take home the crystal football, now did they? It resides in the athletic facilities on the campus of Auburn University. The fans could take a lesson from the playersd of opposing teams and show some comraderie and sportsmanship. If the Alabama players could wish Auburn well in the SEC Championship Game and tell them that they hope they go all the way, can we do no less? War Eagle!

J. T.":1v5cqpki said:
Say what you will, and make any excuses you want to, Auburn is the National Champions of College football. Remarks about AU not being able to beat previous national champs is bogus. You play in the present, in the here and now. In my state of Alabama, we hear all the whining from the Tuscaloosa bunch about Auburn being lucky, and Auburn cheaated. Seems like it's coming from other parts of the country as well. Oregon didn't play up to par? Well, that's college football. Cam Newton wasn't up to par, but Auburn still won. Oregon was the better coached team? Well, those superior coaches didn't take home the crystal football, now did they? It resides in the athletic facilities on the campus of Auburn University. The fans could take a lesson from the playersd of opposing teams and show some comraderie and sportsmanship. If the Alabama players could wish Auburn well in the SEC Championship Game and tell them that they hope they go all the way, can we do no less? War Eagle!
Would this have been posted if Oregon would have won?

Uhh, no Novaman I wouldn't have posted that Auburn was the National Champions if Oregon had won. That wouldn't make sense. I'm not sure I follow your line of thought here, but if Oregon had won the game, one could assume that Auburn was out coached and out played. My remarks are not to defend Auburn, they did that themselves on the field. My remarks were to question the relevancy of some other posts with hypothetical scenarios that don't even come into the equation. Same would apply if Oregon had won. Two outstanding football programs met on the field and the superior team won. It's all very simple.

J. T.":13d9637w said:
Uhh, no Novaman I wouldn't have posted that Auburn was the National Champions if Oregon had won. That wouldn't make sense. I'm not sure I follow your line of thought here, but if Oregon had won the game, one could assume that Auburn was out coached and out played. My remarks are not to defend Auburn, they did that themselves on the field. My remarks were to question the relevancy of some other posts with hypothetical scenarios that don't even come into the equation. Same would apply if Oregon had won. Two outstanding football programs met on the field and the superior team won. It's all very simple.

Kinda late for getting your panties in a wad. Auburn won period, nothing will change that, as a Duck fan no excuses. I don't think I would go as far to say Auburn is a "superior" team, they are the team that scored last before the clock ran out. While I do believe the Auburn running back was down (the one that rolled over a duck tackler and went for 37 more yards) that is not how it was ruled on the field. Sometimes you get the bad call sometimes you don't.... right Sooner fans? You may remember an onside kick a few years ago when you played the Ducks :D . The one factor we did not and could not control in that game was a guy named Nick Fairly, what a monster!

Like you said we play and live in the now, bring on LSU! any LSU fans? We have only got 8 months to give each other cr@p about the game. :lol2:

BTW; I can go the rest of my life without hearing that dammmm "War Eagle" cry again. Some think the Ducks unies are dumb, try listening do yourself scream "War Eagle" and pretend you know what it means..... Just having some fun. :D

Until Opening day with another tiger. Oh and a short stop on Feb 2nd to see who signed.

WAR EAGLE!..... That just leaves a bad taste in my mouth 8)

GO DUCKS!!
Alan

It continues to amaze me that they can turn that eagle loose in the midst of 90,000 people and nobody yet has shouted "Hold my beer and watch this". BOOM :!: :!:

:clap: :clap: :clap: TB, your signature line is perfect for that image :lol2: :lol2:

Alan

Lost during all the Oregon/Auburn hype was the fact that Eastern Washington won a national title. They beat Deleware to win the NCAA division 1 title. Way back earlier in this thread Alan and I discussed the blue field at Boise and the red field at EWU. Well their combined records were 25 - 3. There might just be something to playing on an off colored field. Although both teams lost to Nevada so I guess those young men from Nevada don't care what color the playing surface is.

Dave":2asy0h6w said:
Lost during all the Oregon/Auburn hype was the fact that Eastern Washington won a national title. They beat Deleware to win the NCAA division 1 title. Way back earlier in this thread Alan and I discussed the blue field at Boise and the red field at EWU. Well their combined records were 25 - 3. There might just be something to playing on an off colored field. Although both teams lost to Nevada so I guess those young men from Nevada don't care what color the playing surface is.
Are you saying the Delaware "Blue Hens" got all screwed up on the red field?? :bang:

Alan":135vsipp said:
Like you said we play and live in the now, bring on LSU! any LSU fans? We have only got 8 months to give each other cr@p about the game. :lol:
Only when they play the Nike Ducks.

ga.prime":jzotwvbj said:
Alan":jzotwvbj said:
Like you said we play and live in the now, bring on LSU! any LSU fans? We have only got 8 months to give each other cr@p about the game. :lol:
Only when they play the Nike Ducks.
College football is so bad in Georgia they have to go to 'bama to find a good game. :banana:

Hey Alan,
I know exactly what "War Eagle " means. While there are about three stories as to the origin of the Auburn battle cry, the one most accepted goes as follows; In the 1890's as Auburn was playing Georgia, the Tigers were losing. In the crowd on the Auburn side was a Confederate veteran with an eagle that he rescued during the war. Seems he had found a young injured eagle on the battle field and nursed it back to health and kept it as a pet. Now old, the eagle accompanied the soldier to the game. Suddenly the eagle broke free and began to soar above the football field. As it did, Auburn rallied and defeated Georgia. The students began to yell "War Eagle!" As the game ended the old eagle, having given his all for the Auburn Tigers, fell to his death in the end zone. Thus started one of the oldest traditions in college sports, the battle cry of "War Eagle!" Auburn has maintained an eagle mascot since the early 1960's. These birds are unable to be returned to the wild and are housed at the Raptor Rehabilitation Center at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Auburn University.

twitpic.com huh? Leave it to some twit for sure to post a pic like that. I guess all we need to go with that is a duck swimming in a toilet bowl. That way everything would be politically correct I guess as Auburn is number 1 and Oregon is NUMBER 2. Its bad to come up short in the big game when everyone in the country is watching.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts