Another thoughts on this bull thread

Help Support CattleToday:

CalumetFarms

Reaction score
3yo Red angus, I want to go have a look but he's a solid hour away. PB, sire registered dam not.
Looks solid to me, maybe a little thin in the hip section?
I'm torn between him and a beautiful registered simangus I looked at a few days ago, the Red is half the price.
Screenshot_20220513-084308.png
Screenshot_20220513-084327.png
Screenshot_20220513-084318.png

3yo Red angus, I want to go have a look but he's a solid hour away. PB, sire registered dam not.
Looks solid to me, maybe a little thin in the hip section?
I'm torn between him and a beautiful registered simangus I looked at a few days ago, the Red is half the price.
View attachment 16612
View attachment 16613
View attachment 16614
I'm not sure it's the same bull in every picture. One has an ear tag and the others don't, or can't be seen. Bad camera angle on #1, too light in the rear on #2 and a missing tail, and another bad camera angle on #3 and the bull has a tail.
And all of the bulls have rear legs that look like posts. I doubt they will last long.
Overall a hard pass for me.

Last edited:
Possibly the difference between the two bulls you are looking at is the condition they are presented in. Being a 3 yr old does he have any calves for you to look at?

Ken

Possibly the difference between the two bulls you are looking at is the condition they are presented in. Being a 3 yr old does he have any calves for you to look at?
I was told has been in service two seasons but all calves have shipped I believe.
I'm going to pass on him, due to the areas he's lacking y'all pointed out. and considering the time of year I'm sure he hasn't been working lately I'm half afraid he'd melt too much over the breeding season.

I was told has been in service two seasons but all calves have shipped I believe.
I'm going to pass on him, due to the areas he's lacking y'all pointed out. and considering the time of year I'm sure he hasn't been working lately I'm half afraid he'd melt too much over the breeding season.
There's not much to melt.

Latest posts