Another Bully Bit The Dust

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull was taught pretty much the same way. I was bullied alot in elementary school but that changed when football tryouts came around in 7th grade. Had a kid tryout that was our biggest bully and he thought he was really tough. I hit him so hard during Oklahoma drills his helmet came off. Perfect pancake. From then on noone messed with me and we two became friends that day.

piedmontese":18qozqlp said:
couple yrs ago a 17 yr old kid bullied my 12 yr old for off and on for over a yr.talked to the skool and it just went on and on.well one day my son looked upset and i asked what was wrong and he told me the bully told him that one of these he was gonna throw him down and f him in the azz.well that was it for me,i got a total of 5 sons and i told my 17 yr old that i wanted this kid to get a serious beatdown the next day at skool.i knew he would get suspended but figured it was worth it.well he took it a little far.broke the kids jaw,nose and when his glasses broke they cut his face.they took the kid by ambulance to the hospital.my son got charged with felony assault and arrested at skool.ended up costing a couple thou n lawyers fees but we got it reduced to a misdemeanor and he did 90 days on probation.bullys parents did not try to get any dr fees from us or even call and complain,so that lets u know even they knew there kid was a punk.do i regret the way we handled it? no.at least the bullying stopped and my 12 yr old didnt have to take a weapon to skool.lucky he has 3 older bro's.too bad many victims dont and often times they r the ones we resort to deadly violence.my wife was mad as heck at me for quite awhile.

I think this is too extreme sorry-can't agree with how you handled that at all. Its one thing to fight back, quite another to break someones jaw where he has to be taken to the hospital.

I may have told this story before, but it is worth telling again, at least to me.
Years ago I had a young neighbor, Paul. I think Paul was 5 and small for his age. Another kid the same age but much bigger than Paul would pick on Paul, knock him down,, and Paul would end up cryng. Paul"s mother talked to the other kid"s mother. You can guess how much good this did!
I did not know if a 5 year old could understand or do any judo techniques. But I told Paul to show me exactly what was happenig and what the other kid was doing. He did.
I explained and showed him exactly what to do the next time. Still not knowing if he could understand or if he could or would do what I taught him.

He did understand and he did do it. Next time the other kid went home crying . His mother came to talk to Paul"s mother about Paul throwing her son down and makiing him cry. (How ironic.)
Paul was no longer the victim. I was very proud of Paul.

GMN":2stliyxy said:
piedmontese":2stliyxy said:
couple yrs ago a 17 yr old kid bullied my 12 yr old for off and on for over a yr.talked to the skool and it just went on and on.well one day my son looked upset and i asked what was wrong and he told me the bully told him that one of these he was gonna throw him down and f him in the azz.well that was it for me,i got a total of 5 sons and i told my 17 yr old that i wanted this kid to get a serious beatdown the next day at skool.i knew he would get suspended but figured it was worth it.well he took it a little far.broke the kids jaw,nose and when his glasses broke they cut his face.they took the kid by ambulance to the hospital.my son got charged with felony assault and arrested at skool.ended up costing a couple thou n lawyers fees but we got it reduced to a misdemeanor and he did 90 days on probation.bullys parents did not try to get any dr fees from us or even call and complain,so that lets u know even they knew there kid was a punk.do i regret the way we handled it? no.at least the bullying stopped and my 12 yr old didnt have to take a weapon to skool.lucky he has 3 older bro's.too bad many victims dont and often times they r the ones we resort to deadly violence.my wife was mad as heck at me for quite awhile.

I think this is too extreme sorry-can't agree with how you handled that at all. Its one thing to fight back, quite another to break someones jaw where he has to be taken to the hospital.

It's hard to critisize someone for having had enuf and striking back. I got the treatment for 3 years from a real jerk. When I finally had enuf and laid him out I probably woud have killed him if I had not been stopped. That's the thing these guys don't get is that just because you don't fight they think you won't fight.
I was stopped from smashing his face with a que ball and to this day I would like to finish the job. It's a good thing he is wanted and cannot come back here EVER.

3waycross":2op23fxf said:
It's hard to critisize someone for having had enuf and striking back. I got the treatment for 3 years from a real jerk. When I finally had enuf and laid him out I probably woud have killed him if I had not been stopped.

That reminds me of when I was in high school. We were still desegregating and were having some problems. Little tribal gangs would try to start fights with one in the lead picking the fight and about six waiting for the fight to start. Wasn't good times at all. Daddy warned me he'd blister my arse if I got in a fight so I just tried to let it pass but it was hard. Little rapper named Cedric kept messing with me but he always had his entourage with him. One day in the lunch line he poked me in the back and I looked back and saw it was him. I tried to ignore him as usual but then I realized the stupid fool had gotten too accustomed to having his way with me and had left his entourage somewhere else. When he poked me again I turned around and grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off the ground and body slammed him on the counter with all the dirty trays. (we had spaghetti that day) Then I shoved him into the line washer and got back in line. No one said a word other than the two lunch ladies that were cheering me on. The next day "his cousin" came up behind me and told me I needed to pick on someone my own size. He punched me in the back. I calmly got up and took my jacket off and laid it on my chair. He calmly took his jacket off too and when he got it down to his elbows I knocked the living daylights out of his jaw. No one said a word. Teachers just left the room. That day I was labelled a "crazy white boy" and no one messed with me again.

I remember one kid in jr. High who would walk up behind me in class and slap the back of my head. After a couple days of this I got mad and threw my pencil at him. Clipped his ear. He turned around and called me an "f"ing b*tch. I jumped out of my seat and shoved him as hard as I could. He got a different kind of "nutcracker" on the corner of a desk. I reached up and put him in a choke hold. Since he was taller then me he was bent over backwards.
Teacher was not in the room. The bell rang for the class to start and I let him go. He turned around and tried a choke hold on me, but it didn't work because he was doing it wrong. Told him so and he let go.
Teacher came in and all the other kids told her what happened.
I got 1 day detention the other kid got 3 days for starting it. He never touched me again.
The funniest part is my Mom ran into his Mom. They didn't know each other and got to talking. His Mom said he wouldn't tell them why he got detention. My Mom told her, "He got beat up by my daughter." :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I did confront another bully. This one had ordered a super large supreme pizza in my name to my house and was calling me names. Another bully cornered me and said something I have never forgotten.

"Just because we pick on you doesn't give you the right to pick on someone else."

I keep thinking about crashing their high school reunion and leaving a bunch of dead rattle snakes around the place. Like on top of the beer keg.

I keep thinking about crashing their high school reunion and leaving a bunch of dead rattle snakes around the place. Like on top of the beer keg.

and I thought I could carry a grudge..............I am bested :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :clap:

What sad is you can't do that anymore cause they call that a terroristic act. Gone are the days when a black racer placed in a purse left on top of a car would break purse snatchers and other would be thieves. I guess now you may have to challenge them in cupcake wars or something. And people wonder why the public has become so spineless.

I have always thought that was good to teach your kids not to run from a bully and I still do. There can also be results that one does not expect.
My son, now 30 years old, was being more than pick on by a bully when he was 12 yrs. old. His mom kept on me to call the boys parents. Well I told her my son had to learn to take care of himself. I told my son that at the first sign of a problem to knock the snot of of the kid and if it still got beat up then he at least stood up for himself. My son did exactly that. The other kid hit the ground and my son proceed to beat the heck out of him putting the kid in the hospital. I got a call from his father telling me I was going to be sued. I said go ahead. We would let the judge see that his son was twice the size of my son and let him judge the situation. Well that was the end of that but the story does not stop. My son became the challenge of ever tough guy in school. My son learned he could take care of himself with just about anyone. He was eventually expelled.
Seems like I created a monster. As he grew and matured he learned that it is much better to talk the situation out or just walk away.
It's tough raising kids, always trying to teach them what's right and wrong. Even when we try and teach them what we think is right we are wrong. We just do the best we can.

If the bulling happens at school, you need to document everything. My son was bulled at school for being a country boy (redneck). Well my son comes home with a red ear, and said the bully hit him. I told him once somebody touches you they have crossed the line, you need to defend yourself. The next day the bulling stopped, but my son got suspended. It was the only fight my boy, the hero has ever been in. My wife and I had visits from the sheriff, and D.C.F. When I told him if your going to fight don't quit, keep punching. It ended up bad for both families. You need to try and talk, parent to parent.

3waycross":ls1ah7sj said:

and I thought I could carry a grudge..............I am bested :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: :clap:
Appreciate you're approach 3way. You didn't need any of the "martial arts" to survive...just a good old country boy ass whooping with a cue ball. :lol2: My kind of fight. :nod:

TexasBred":1l06qpmo said:
3waycross":1l06qpmo said:

Appreciate you're approach 3way. You didn't need any of the "martial arts" to survive...just a good old country boy ass whooping with a cue ball. :lol2: My kind of fight. :nod:

Wasn't planned it was just the best thing I could get my hands on at the time. Believe me when I say he is the only person who I have truly hated in my entire life.

That is the true price of bullying, the damage it does to kids or young folks and what it can bring out in a person. I ask God on a regular basis to help me let go of that jerk in my mind.

Know what you are saying 3way.
When I went to watch my "brothers" wrestle I was a foul mouthed terror in the stands against the kids from that school.
One Dad didn't like what I was calling them and turned and said something to me. I looked him dead in the eye and told him, "Because of the h*ll those kids put me through for so many years I can call them anything I like. Ask them what they did to me." I got descriptive and he turned around and never said another word to me.

My "brothers" were my salvation. We are not related by blood, but by choice. One is over in Afganistan right now and the other is an ordained minister.

You know? If we send our children to school with bruises on their body's, DFS would be on our door step before we got home from work ready to take our kids away from us. If they come home from school with bruises from a bully, school officials turn their heads and the only help these kids get is at ringside from parents and school officials urging them to DEFEND YOURSELF. Whats up with this? These kids are being asked to defend themselves against an individual that possesses the desire to hurt someone for satisfaction. It happens when a person keeps hurting, keeps frightening, threatening or leaving someone out on purpose and the only thing that can be done is advise these kids to defend themselves. Yea I was bullied one time in high school and I decked the kid and yes I was suspended. Soooooooo what. He never bothered me again but that didn't stop him from bullying someone else. Why don't we get past the feel good stories of kicking someone's tail or helping our kids kick someone's tail and talk about the real problem. The fact is that hitting back does not always work. What is being done for the kids that are not able to defend themselves. In 2001 The National Assoc. of School Psychologists posted a stat that 160,000 kids miss school each day in America due to fears of being bullied. Students that must think about avoiding harm at school are diverting energy that should be expended on learning. Schools and even some parents continue to underestimate the prevalence and consequences of bullying. Bullying has been around for 1000's of years and it has just been within the last few years that bullying has been actively addressed. Successful litigation judgments are usually based on Reckless Indifference, Failure to supervise and Failure to anticipate third-party harm between students and/or staff. October 26, 2010, headlines read, "Federal Government Warns Schools: Ignore Bullying and Risk Prosecution". It takes a lot of courage for a bullied child to ask for help. Surely we can do more than throw them in the ring. There are a lot of ways to stand up for yourself. Hitting back is not always the best way. How much courage do you really have?
Bear

but you know things have changed alot when i was in school if some1 got bullied it would be settled with a fight.but now days kids cant defend themselves,an the sad thing is some kill themselves over it.then you have the others that bring knives an guns to school an settle it that way wich is just as sad.

Ryder":3a569kt6 said:
Mr. Bear, what solution do you offer. Or did I just miss it? If I did miss it will you please state it in simpler terms for me.
Don't think he had any solutions nor do I but basically said that a fight is a short term solution to a long term problem. Parents nor kids think like back in the "good old days" anymore.

There is no solution to the bulling problem. I do not think fighting is the answer. Maybe counseling for both might help. I don't know but it needs to stop.

highgrit counseling might work but only if they are taken.

Oh update on my son and the bully.
Kid is leaving him alone. No one else is bugging him either.
School counselor has told him to tell the teachers when this stuff happens, but from what we know from experience, unless the teachers catch them, nothing will be done.

So I guess the best thing is he just defends himself.

Latest posts