Another Bully Bit The Dust

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Pick up my son after school to go to town. He had a sullen look on his face.
He asked if the school had called us. No, why?

He punched another kid in the nose and gave him a bloody nose.
Asked him why.
Other kid had been giving him a bad time and had punched him in the ribs first.

That is the second bully he has had to do something to to get them to leave him alone.
The one before ended up getting the "nut cracker" treatment when he tackled my son off of a bench he was sitting on. Bully hasn't touched him since.

I had already talked to the super about the bullies and he agreed if they didn't keep their hands to themselves they deserved it.

Well Lassie was a wonderful and loving dog by anyone's standards but if you screwed with her enough she'd bite the $hit out of you. Doesn't make her a bad dog just teaches others not to mess with her. Same applies to people.

that is truely sad when kids get bullyed at school.an its great that your son knows when he can defend hisself.but as we all know alot of schools would suspend him for defending hisself.

Aaron there is a no bullying policy at the school, but it's hard to enforce when they can't catch the bullies in the act.

No kidding Jo. It's working for my son.

bigbull that was the old superident. He gave my son in school detention after another kid years ago punch him in the stomach. My son knocked the other kid to the ground and sat on him.
the super only listened to that kid and another one. I called several parents that night and talked to their kids, who all told me what really happened. their stories matched what my son told me, not what that super told me.
I called him on it. Nothing was done to that other kid. :mad:

this is why I like our new one. I had told him about the kid tackling my son and the result. He thought it was funny and the other kid deserved it.

I remember when my son was about 8, there was a bully on the bus about that age, physco kid that is in jail now. I told Eric after one episode, just hit him, make sure it hurts him and I'll cover for you. Eric did, got called to school, I asked principle, "What should have he done, what would you have told him?" Eric got like some small punishment and the problems on the bus stopped, not only for him, but for everyone else. gs

Well good for him, he stood up for himself showing self-esteem and confidence. Every child has a right to defend themselves.
I wouldn't advocate violence to solve problems though, to say OK to this is saying OK to using violence to solve problems in the future. Hitting back should be a childs last resort. It is a difficult one ILH, it does not always stop at fist fights, knives and guns come in to the equation too.

couple yrs ago a 17 yr old kid bullied my 12 yr old for off and on for over a yr.talked to the skool and it just went on and on.well one day my son looked upset and i asked what was wrong and he told me the bully told him that one of these he was gonna throw him down and f him in the azz.well that was it for me,i got a total of 5 sons and i told my 17 yr old that i wanted this kid to get a serious beatdown the next day at skool.i knew he would get suspended but figured it was worth it.well he took it a little far.broke the kids jaw,nose and when his glasses broke they cut his face.they took the kid by ambulance to the hospital.my son got charged with felony assault and arrested at skool.ended up costing a couple thou n lawyers fees but we got it reduced to a misdemeanor and he did 90 days on probation.bullys parents did not try to get any dr fees from us or even call and complain,so that lets u know even they knew there kid was a punk.do i regret the way we handled it? no.at least the bullying stopped and my 12 yr old didnt have to take a weapon to skool.lucky he has 3 older bro's.too bad many victims dont and often times they r the ones we resort to deadly violence.my wife was mad as heck at me for quite awhile.

I luv herfrds":9br7b77g said:
Aaron there is a no bullying policy at the school, but it's hard to enforce when they can't catch the bullies in the act.

No kidding Jo. It's working for my son.

bigbull that was the old superident. He gave my son in school detention after another kid years ago punch him in the stomach. My son knocked the other kid to the ground and sat on him.
the super only listened to that kid and another one. I called several parents that night and talked to their kids, who all told me what really happened. their stories matched what my son told me, not what that super told me.
I called him on it. Nothing was done to that other kid. :mad:

this is why I like our new one. I had told him about the kid tackling my son and the result. He thought it was funny and the other kid deserved it.

ILH, I grew up in the age when bullying policies (which I think are useless entirely) were a rarity and every teacher from the hippy era had the slogan of peace, love and just walk away. Luckily I had an Irish principal in elementary that believed in the value of a good beating, even if he couldn't say it in public. I was bullied terribly by gangs of bullies, not just individuals. But even though I can't change my past, I advise every kid to fight back with all you have and find someone who will support you when the crap hits the fan afterwards. I didn't have that from my parents, siblings or the teachers. My only support for being physical was from my principal. From my experience, if the adults weren't exposed to bullying in their childhood, they generally won't support retaliation, but rather resignation. If you have older siblings that are willing to even the odds, your set to end the bullying once and for all. :cowboy:

Jogeephus":2zps3ep7 said:
Well Lassie was a wonderful and loving dog by anyone's standards but if you screwed with her enough she'd bite the $hit out of you. Doesn't make her a bad dog just teaches others not to mess with her. Same applies to people.

After meeting your son in person I doubt the he was bullied much if at all.

3waycross":3rj2u5f1 said:
Jogeephus":3rj2u5f1 said:

After meeting your son in person I doubt the he was bullied much if at all.

:lol2: :lol2: Josh wanted to take karate when he was little and I agreed that he could as long as he never used it in school and only for self defense. One day he came home all upset and I asked him what was wrong. Turns out a bully messed with his best friend and Josh defended him and ended up using the karate. I didn't say anything but called two teachers to find out how bad it was and if he needed to be punished. As it turned out both teachers saw the fight and both turned their backs on the incident because the "bully" needed his a$$ kicked and as they explained to me, Josh did a extremely good job of doing just that with several well placed kicks and a few punches. After hearing the facts of the fight I wanted to hug him and congratulate him but as a parent I just had to tell him that there were times when it is alright to fight but you really need to try and restrain yourself.

Aaron both hubby and myself were bullied in school, bad.
We tried the walk away, tell the teacher, talk to parents etc. Nothing worked.

I'm the one that taught my son how to throw a punch and the "nutcracker".

this bully was the first one he has ever hit.

At a different school he went to back from kindergarten to 2nd grade there was a really nasty bully that no one would do anything about.
this bully even threatened to come out to our place and kill our whole family. Son told the teacher and nothing was done.
we pulled him out and transfered him to a different school the next day.

Since all this he has gotten much better in self confidence.
Turns out this is a new kid who wanted to make himself look big. Don't think he will bother my son again.

When my son was in middle school (19 now) he saw three kids bullying a smaller 6 grade kid. James told them to stop and told the little kid to go get the principle. The bullies attacked James and he whipped them using some wrestling take downs and submission holds. He got sent to the office and was told to get me on the phone. I have always taught my kids leadership and to stand for what is right. He did that. The whole thing was taped. The school was going to suspend James for picking a fight. When I was told what happened and picked my son up he showed me where it happened and where the cameras were. We went back to the principles office and I asked to see the tape. They said no due to privacy issues. I said well guess my attorney will get a supeopna then. We watched the tape right then and the principle "upon further review" elected to give James a pass and thank him for defending that little boy. Those kids never bothered James or that boy again and that little boy won VA states as a sophmore in the 112 class.

Two wrongs don't make a right but in this case Dad sure was proud!

hillbillycwo":1jcxjth1 said:
When my son was in middle school (19 now) he saw three kids bullying a smaller 6 grade kid. James told them to stop and told the little kid to go get the principle. The bullies attacked James and he whipped them using some wrestling take downs and submission holds. He got sent to the office and was told to get me on the phone. I have always taught my kids leadership and to stand for what is right. He did that. The whole thing was taped. The school was going to suspend James for picking a fight. When I was told what happened and picked my son up he showed me where it happened and where the cameras were. We went back to the principles office and I asked to see the tape. They said no due to privacy issues. I said well guess my attorney will get a supeopna then. We watched the tape right then and the principle "upon further review" elected to give James a pass and thank him for defending that little boy. Those kids never bothered James or that boy again and that little boy won VA states as a sophmore in the 112 class.

Two wrongs don't make a right but in this case Dad sure was proud!

It never pays to mess with Wrasslers. They will get you before you even know you been got.

One day when my boys were in third and fourth grade we were waiting for the start of youth football practice. There were 5 or 6 kids waiting and I was the only adult present. A bully rode up on his bike and started picking on some of the smaller kids who were 30-40 yards away. Just about the time I noticed this the older of my two sons who was closer to this told the bully to go pick on someone his own size. The bully replied, "who is going to make me." My son who was giving up 6 inches and 40 pounds, dropped his football helmut, took a step forword and said, "well I will." The bully couldn't get on his bike fast enough. I bought the boys ice cream after practice that night.

I later heard from other kids that in high school bullies were given fair warning to stop. If they didn't knock it off they would be followed into the restroom where there are no cameras. A brief meeting would be held there with no witnesses. For a couple years there was very little bullying that went on in that school.

I am not entirely sure where he got this from. I am relatively sure he was never picked on. He grew to be 6 foot, 190 pounds. Played college football as a DB. He is 30 now and gets along with everyone but absolutely wont tolerate someone bullying anyone else.

Jogeephus":34th6jhz said:
Josh wanted to take karate when he was little and I agreed that he could as long as he never used it in school and only for self defense. One day he came home all upset and I asked him what was wrong. Turns out a bully messed with his best friend and Josh defended him and ended up using the karate.

We all went through the Korean version of TKD. One daughter got jumped in Jack-In-the-Box with restaurant cams rolling. Dau never got out of the booth and closed both eyes of this gal that was twice her size. Eldest dau saw her at school the next day and said, "Dad she had on ten coats of make-up and still looked terrible. I bursted out laughing. I am sorry but I just couldn't help it."

backhoeboogie":19jddaq3 said:
Jogeephus":19jddaq3 said:
Josh wanted to take karate when he was little and I agreed that he could as long as he never used it in school and only for self defense. One day he came home all upset and I asked him what was wrong. Turns out a bully messed with his best friend and Josh defended him and ended up using the karate.

We all went through the Korean version of TKD. One daughter got jumped in Jack-In-the-Box with restaurant cams rolling. Dau never got out of the booth and closed both eyes of this gal that was twice her size. Eldest dau saw her at school the next day and said, "Dad she had on ten coats of make-up and still looked terrible. I bursted out laughing. I am sorry but I just couldn't help it."

That's the beauty of the forms they teach. You've fought the fight before you ever got there so when it happens its all routine without thought. Makes for very short encounters.

TKD and wrestling are good that way. You drill the moves into your brain and muscle memory takes over. My son hasn't wrestled for two years now and last tiem I was home i grabbed him from behind, two seconds later I was face down from a perfectly executed standing switch. Son was laughing and apologizing and of course I was hurting and lokin for someone to whine too!...lol.

Raising kids is easy...expect greatness and give them the tools they need to chip the mountains away that get in there path!

hillbillycwo":1ivy38h0 said:
TKD and wrestling are good that way. You drill the moves into your brain and muscle memory takes over. My son hasn't wrestled for two years now and last tiem I was home i grabbed him from behind, two seconds later I was face down from a perfectly executed standing switch. Son was laughing and apologizing and of course I was hurting and lokin for someone to whine too!...lol.

Raising kids is easy...expect greatness and give them the tools they need to chip the mountains away that get in there path!

Good saying. :tiphat:

Speaking of educational tools, we enrolled my daughter in a woman's self defense class at Moody AFB and later when we were shooting her pistol I noticed she had two distinct groups on the silhouette. First was a nice group in the head and the other was in the crotch. I didn't ask any questions but I suspect its something she picked up in the class. Not a bad strategy for a tween. :lol2:

Always taught my kids not to cause trouble but not to back up form it. My son was in first or second grade and met his first bully. Would come home from school and tell his mom what had happened that day. His mom would get upset, i just told him when you get enough put a stop to it. Come up the driveway in a few days with a big grin on his face and said dad i guess i had enough i bloodied his nose today. Those two are still pretty good buddies.

Latest posts