Animal Rights

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
If you have time, stop by this link and take the survey. It's pretty well loaded against meat eating, but they might be in for a shock if enough of us take their survey. They call it an "Animal Welfare Study" but I think you'll recognize it for what it is.

http://www.eInterview.org/

:oops: I should have recommended this at first, but I'd suggest you use a "blind" email address. I have Yahoo one that I use on the AR and veggie discussion boards.

the survey will tick you off but i gave them a piece of my mind in the parts where you can type. :mad:

what would you say if you knew that innocent little potatoes and cucumbers were blasted into refridgerated trucks in huge water hoses and hauled in dark trailers for hundreds of miles?

Hmmmm??

This is the kind of question you will encounter but it will be a calf or baby chick or a cute little pig, at least that what they want the people to think.

Wesleyan University? from lookin at the phone number it didnt look like the one in nebraska. thank god.

that made me ticked. and i think ill just leave it at that.

cattleluvr18":165b7o2e said:
Wesleyan University? from lookin at the phone number it didnt look like the one in nebraska. thank god.

Its in connecticut.

I thought it was stupid and ignorantly written. Was just an attack on anyone who wants to eat a pepperoni pizza instead of a veggie pizza. Very closed minded and worded in a way to get answers they are looking for, and not what people really think.

Ryan

Lots of loaded questions. I keep saying it. People in the city are trying to run what goes on in the country.

Walt

Ryan":330ssklm said:
cattleluvr18":330ssklm said:

Its in connecticut.

I thought it was stupid and ignorantly written. Was just an attack on anyone who wants to eat a pepperoni pizza instead of a veggie pizza. Very closed minded and worded in a way to get answers they are looking for, and not what people really think.

Ryan

It's definitely a loaded survey. That's why I though a few people who don't buy into their agenda might make their life more interesting. :lol:

Gee, why is every one so suprised that the questions are biased? It's a survey, tha's the way they're done to come out with the predrawn conclusions.

I kept my cool, but I did state that the author of the survey could not be considered a scientist or a researcher since the survey was written to lead, lead, lead.
Think I'll go have a soothing glass of carrot juice.

Thanks for the link. I noticed that the questions got more and more loaded as you got further in, until they were just blatant. I too stated to them how it was so leading.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? That wasn't a "Diet and Lifestyle Interview" that was a blatant attack on non-vegans! Those questions were smooth and well written and the further you went the more they laid it out for you. Talk about making me Hulk angry :mad: ! I like the one where I had to explain myself about eating meat eventhough I was an animal lover. I know where my cattle are going and I know how that steak on my grill got there and I am at peace with that. These animal rights loonies are trying to personify animals and make people believe that animals feel and think like humans and that just isn't the case. As a responsible producer I take extra precautions to make sure my livestock are well cared for. This spring that meant going out in a blizzard to check the cattle and bringing the horses into the barn at 9:30 at night to curry ice off of them and put blankets on them. I've had to go out and towel dry a heifer every couple of hours this winter because it was so cold when she was born, she would get a layer of frost on her hair so I would buff it off and warm her back up. When my wife was in her first year of college her parents put one of her calves in their basement for a couple of days overnight because of the extreme cold. Animal rights activists don't want people to hear about these things. To them animal producers and consumers are demonic pawns of the devil. I am making myself more and more angry so I'm going to stop! :mad:

dun":3ao29e25 said:
Gee, why is every one so suprised that the questions are biased? It's a survey, tha's the way they're done to come out with the predrawn conclusions.

I found the link on a vegan website, so I knew it would be slanted. But I like to throw a wrench in their get along every chance I get. Thanks to everyone for helping. :lol:

Frankie":b3kagw49 said:
I found the link on a vegan website, so I knew it would be slanted. But I like to throw a wrench in their get along every chance I get. Thanks to everyone for helping. :lol:

You know as well as I do that they'll throw out disregard anything that goes against their intent.

dun":28olzxyr said:
Frankie":28olzxyr said:

You know as well as I do that they'll throw out disregard anything that goes against their intent.

Probably. But if we set back and ignore them, they think they've got an open road.

I never heard of a vegan until about three years ago when they literally attacked the Ranchers.net site. Time magazine had done an article on vegetarians, mentioned the site and quoted the owner (not Macon at the time) of the site. It seems like the motto was "Beef - it makes women more beautiful, men stronger, and kids smarter." The vegans just about shut down the site, calling us murders, fat, old, whatever insult they could come up with. Jodie started a board at the site just for veg discussions to get them off the Bull Session board. Most of us were just shocked that they were so ignorant. Since they were mostly kids, we tried to educate them and explain how things work, but they weren't interested. Then a couple of non-ranchers who had been posting on anti-vegan sites for quite a while turned up and showed the rest of us how to deal with vegans. Eventually we just wore then down and they stopped posting there. Macon didn't even put up a veg board when he took the site over. Several of us started posting on pro-vegan sites, explaining how cattle don't live in small cages, that beef is more nutritious than grain, that it can't possibly take 40 lbs of grain to produce one pound of beef or you couldn't buy ground beef for less than a pound of soybeans, that there are more forests in the US today than 40 years ago...... We refuted most of their prized excuses to give up meat. Today there are probably one third as many vegan boards online as there was back then and most of them are not very active. The ones that are still around make you register so they can block you if you don't toe the party line. I think it's important to stay ahead of these flakes. Most of them are kids, easily lead and mislead. If we ignore the lies and misrepresentations on the net aimed at them, we could be in for trouble in the future. Just my take....

If they pay any attention to my answers, I'm sure that I PO'ed them enough that I will win the prize. My last answer was "Eat more beef".

I filled out the survey, and sent it to a few friends in the animal care industry asking them to read and fill out if interested. The authors of that "study" are so mis-informed as to the reality of what we do, that I found it pathetic. I doubt that they will even read my responses as I will not toe their line, but calling them Peta freaks felt good.

i thought it was funny on the veal question that itsaid at te bottom: Note: Veal is meat made from YOUNG COWS.

Latest posts