Probably know shortly about 2nd amendment rights...

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM said:
HDRider said:
To add insult to injury

House Bill 1627 was filed by on January 16th.

It reads in part:

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A violation of this section may be prosecuted in the jurisdiction in which the communication was made or received or in the City of Richmond if the person subjected to the act is one of the following officials or employees of the Commonwealth: the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia.

They can dish it out but they can't take it. Apparently honest opinions are no longer welcome or allowed. So much for free speech. Another amendment bites the dust. Stellar group we have.

Oh the irony runs deeper one party wants to impeach a POTUS for corruption and elect one actually guilty of the crime.
You can't make this stuff up any better.
Our politicians are convinced we are morons.

That's true for many locals. But if not local law enforcement, who? FBI? ATF? National Guard? Army? It's still the same theory. Hopefully we wont find out in our lifetimes how it will transpire.

But the world is changing whether we like it or not. I sometimes wonder how long it will be until all animal agriculture and hunting is banned because the vast majority of people think those activities are barbaric. Crazy to imagine but things will be much different 100 years from now.
[/quote]

HELLO Veggie Burger & Lab grown meat.

Can't see the media not getting into the fight over the HB 1627. There is always a possibility of someone being elected or appointed they don't like here.
This is an excellent example of trying to defeat the First Amendment.Nothing about it can be twisted to be a public safety issue.

Caustic Burno said:
SmokinM said:
HDRider said:
To add insult to injury

House Bill 1627 was filed by on January 16th.

It reads in part:

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A violation of this section may be prosecuted in the jurisdiction in which the communication was made or received or in the City of Richmond if the person subjected to the act is one of the following officials or employees of the Commonwealth: the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia.

They can dish it out but they can't take it. Apparently honest opinions are no longer welcome or allowed. So much for free speech. Another amendment bites the dust. Stellar group we have.

Oh the irony runs deeper one party wants to impeach a POTUS for corruption and elect one actually guilty of the crime.
You can't make this stuff up any better.
Our politicians are convinced we are morons.
Politicians are right. We, with rare exception, are morons.
Who else would keep putting them in office?

"All the world is daft, except me and thee.
And I sometimes wonder about thee".

kenny thomas said:
HDRider said:
If they pass all that, maybe they will lose the next election.

They have already lost the next election just by trying those things. Also guaranteed the other party will get huge support in this year's president race.

Who has lost....remember, some of us are only third parties to all this.....

We have our own issues, but will the Dons win, or the Clinton clan ?

Agricultural people and the working class people will all be voting for Trump. Our biggest problem is the big cities - NY City, most of California (tree huggers). This country is so divided right now. Democrats are over the top HATING Trump. It's not just not liking Republican party - it's down right HATE.
Trump is NOT the nicest man (not even a little). Not even very likable. I did not vote for him because he was nice - I voted for him because I trusted he would FIGHT for what was best for USA. He is a business man - not a politician. The Dems have been trying to get him impeached since BEFORE he was elected. Sinful they can't honor our political system. If they think they are so right, let it be decided at the next election.

Look at these 2nd amendment demonstrators in Kentucky. Some are from Ohio. These are the ones that will create the majority in America to want more gun laws.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/g30734613/frankfort-kentucky-gun-owners-red-flag-law-protest-photos/

hurleyjd said:
Look at these 2nd amendment demonstrators in Kentucky. Some are from Ohio. These are the ones that will create the majority in America to want more gun laws.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/g30734613/frankfort-kentucky-gun-owners-red-flag-law-protest-photos/

How many people were killed or even injured that day Hurley?

Somehow I don't think these guys are the problem.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:

I know none were killed but the images show a lot of firepower that would intimidate a lot of people. Were you there I was not. The majority of Americans are on board for some kind of regulation to lessen the gun violence. The only thing I am saying is that we might need get on board and agree on something that might work instead of total confiscation. The pendulum is swinging away from you. When the majority elects a leader that has dictatorial tendencies and when there are no checks and balances then that is when you will lose your second amendment rights regardless of what the constitution may read.

hurleyjd said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:

I know none were killed but the images show a lot of firepower that would intimidate a lot of people. Were you there I was not. The majority of Americans are on board for some kind of regulation to lessen the gun violence. The only thing I am saying is that we might need get on board and agree on something that might work instead of total confiscation. The pendulum is swinging away from you. When the majority elects a leader that has dictatorial tendencies and when there are no checks and balances then that is when you will lose your second amendment rights regardless of what the constitution may read.
Exactly what is happening now in VA.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:

Those guys are going to be the ones that could save you when the idiots try to take all your rights away. It's the people not the guns.

Big cities are going to rule over everything, especially if they sink the electoral college.

New York City, with a population of 8.4 million, has more people than the state of Tennessee and 38 other states (individually, not combined). The popular vote instead of the electoral college would definitely have different election results, but I don't think the electoral college is going away, at least hope not.

An earlier post stated "The majority of Americans are on board for some kind of regulation to lessen the gun violence." When the "majority of Americans" is stated in a discussion keep in mind this statement is most likely based on a polling of 1,000 people or so like most polls are, which is 0.0003% of Americans (if my math is right and based on 321 million Americans). Certainty not the majority.

Caustic Burno said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:
Big cities are going to rule over everything, especially if they sink the electoral college.

Hurley and his ilk would like that.

That's exactly why the founders came up with the electoral college.
They could see that problem back then.

After they rip up the electoral college perhaps they'll work on applying proportionality to the number of senators each state is allowed. Heck, less populous states might not even deserve one.

Latest posts