Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

lakading

Reaction score
Good place to buy bulls AND females. If you're into Angus that is. 50+ year old purebred herd.

I bought 2 bulls last year. I've also purchased some bred heifers in this sale the last 3 years and plan on adding a few more this year.

If you're interested, check out this years sale offering by following the link below.

Good doing angus cattle

lakading":66d3szaz said:
Good place to buy bulls AND females. If you're into Angus that is. 50+ year old purebred herd.

I bought 2 bulls last year. I've also purchased some bred heifers in this sale the last 3 years and plan on adding a few more this year.

If you're interested, check out this years sale offering by following the link below.

Good doing angus cattle

Is Summitcrest in Iowa. You can do a search at AAA for breeders in around your state.

Scotty

I have never seen the Jauer cattle in person but I did get the sale book last year. I also talked to the owner and his program is similar to that of Ohlde Cattle Co. They specialize in a more moderate framed easy fleshing animal. He called his cows "power cows" he said they are shorter legged animals with lots of stretch and extra capacity weighing in the 1300# range. THe program is based on easy fleshing and moderate frame but not quite to the extent of Kit Pharo.

I am intrigued by these guys and the cattle are interesting what I am unsure of in our country that they would be accepted due to their moderate frame.

Up here we call moderate, Frame 6. If you get much below that it screws people heads up.

I do think that with a "moderate size" there is certainly more beneifts.

On the other hand we have purchased cattle from Montana and the cow herd they come out of are middle of the road sized cows, now they would be in the larger end of my herd. Not so much in frame rather than sheer mass. The cows have turned out to be "heavy"cows. We are in short grass country and the cows are fed hay during winter until they calve on a limited basis and after they calve and we get closer to breeding they receieve more feed. Never to the point of wasting, if they will clean it up we will feed it to them during breeding. May 1st they hit the grass.

Latest posts