Angus Maternal Lines

Help Support CattleToday:

wocattle1

Reaction score
Looking for opinions of maternal Angus genetics that would cross well with females from a Predestined son
AAA # +16073342

wocattle1":ntow8ptf said:
Looking for opinions of maternal Angus genetics that would cross well with females from a Predestined son
AAA # +16073342

Leachman Right Time.

I would be looking at some 6807 lineage of females, some with perhaps a little more frame. I have used Alberda Traveler 416 with New Design/EXT genetics and have gotten some pretty nice calves. I have saved back a lot of females from him and most have been great mothers, easy keeping, easy fleshing, cattle.

how about a combination of Right Time and 6807? 14593650 is one we bred that has left a great group of females, udder improver, high fertility, great dispositions and calving ease with decent growth.

It's a difficult question to answer. Angus is, first of all, a maternal breed. It's hard to pick out a particular blood line and say this is the best one, IMO.

I would not use 6807 if you are grazing at altitude, his progeny have problems at altitude.

There is no "right" answer, depends on where you are located (mountains, midwest, gulf coast). Cattle need to have different traits based on where you are located. Then you have to determine what amount of growth (or mature weight) you can support under your current management system.

Right Time progeny might be a good place to start, be sure your area is suitable

BT Right Time 24J is what I would use if those circumstance and cattle were mine.

Sizmic

878 is a very good maternal bull. He is the breeds number one Pathfinder sire. Can even get sexed semen on him if your shooting for heifer.

Another ABS bull you might consider is Extra K 205. He is an EXT grandson, which speaks for itself on maternal, and also carries a bit more performance than 878.

Another one I really like the females from is N Bar Primetime D806. He is a Gardens Primetime son out of an EXT Daughter. He is a Moderate framed thick made bull, very easy fleshing. Also in the top 2% of the breed for Calving Ease and Marbleing. These females are Moderate framed, easy doing cattle that will work to pay their way.

These bulls also have low BW EPDs to help balance that of PREDESTINED.

Latest posts