Black Angus EPD Comparison Tool Site at "bullbarn.com"

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
If you are looking for a certain trait to improve your heard like weaning weights or yearling weight. Feet or anything, go to this particular page, and look across the headings, and click on the trait you want, and it will totally change every bull in what order it comes under what you search for. It will give you bull #1 to bull # 300 if that is the number they have in the black angus. And then you can look across the board and see what you will give up if you choose to make that trait your #1 goal. Then start going down the line and see which bull at the highest point with the best foot fits your agenda, and l look at him. You may need a full screen to have it where you can pull is picture up because they have every picture of those bulls. And they have a section of those they can get videos on too.
This is the EPD tool:

I just clicked on the lowest BW and it is a -5.6. Good grief that is the size of a field mouse. But if you want a field mouse calf, there you go. And see what get extra or give up to get that. It is a lot of fun to play with and you will find yourself going there when searching as it gives you many ideas and directions to go in.......

Chuckie -- I apologize for letting you know, but if you think the bull barn one is neat -- don't go use the ABS Global one -- you can do all of those searches AND filter on multiple EPDs to narrow your search!! It will blow your mind!!! haha.

(I'm guessing ST Genetics/Select Sires etc all have tools too I just happen to know the ABS one)

I have never felt the need for this. Maybe there is something wrong with me. Numbers are nice and I use epds just never felt the need to trait maximize. I use the $ epds the same way. As far as feet epds go I use them very cautiously and need visual confirmation to evaluate.

It is just what ever we each get into, you know. I go to Bullbarn and hit a fast search, and scan it. I just enjoy how it is laid out.

@Stickney94, I will check out ABS Global. Often the other sites don't list as many bulls as Bullbarn does. Bullbarn has a lot of the old bulls too. It is just my favorite search site.

I look up traits as often think about what is a strengthening factor. I do try to hold scrotal marks high, as in the beginning, I did not know what they were all about really. Just took time to learn. I like to decide when I market my cattle and look up WW or YW. Mine have been YW as I sold bulls in the past.

It entertains me as I can sit and turn on Cowboy channel and look at the EPD's and I am happy. I learn a lot about the bulls that way. I agree the $Value numbers are great. All of them are tools that can be useful.

Latest posts