Love baldie babies and black ones too !

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like he is doing a fine job for you, Coach.
We are pleased with him ! His calves are bigger than the ones we were getting out of the Weigh Up son but so far no calving issues . Calves have a little more bone and frame . Older calves are 5-6 months old . Most look good but they came through the drought and I'm not basing my final opinion on how they finish .

Have lots of new babies on the ground but this one is definitely an eye catcher . His momma is out of our black Brahma we call High Pockets . Sure wish it was a heifer ! He is out of our Quaker Hill Rampage son . View attachment 41210
I like him! You gonna cut him, or leave him as a bull for a while? He might make a great sire for Corr cows! :)

I like him! You gonna cut him, or leave him as a bull for a while? He might make a great sire for Corr cows! :)
Told my son this morning, he might be the one to put back on the black baldies. He wouldn't be kin to most of them and only 2-3 that would be half sisters on his sires side . This is her second calf . We kept her first calf a heifer with a little less ear.

Have lots of new babies on the ground but this one is definitely an eye catcher . His momma is out of our black Brahma we call High Pockets . Sure wish it was a heifer ! He is out of our Quaker Hill Rampage son . View attachment 41210
Love them EARZ!!!
He's gonna be a dandy!

Bet ya can't catch him either! Lolz

Haven't tried , I attempted to tag her calf last year at a day old . She was on one side of a barbed wire cross fence and me and her calf was on the other . She is her mothet's daughter . She was coming through that fence to get me and I didn't want momma hurt and more importantly I didn't want me hurt ! 😳

Haven't tried , I attempted to tag her calf last year at a day old . She was on one side of a barbed wire cross fence and me and her calf was on the other . She is her mothet's daughter . She was coming through that fence to get me and I didn't want momma hurt and more importantly I didn't want me hurt ! 😳
Dunno what it is about Angus and new calves. I have seen some that were raised on a bottle, virtual pets, that from the time the new baby hit the ground, for the next week or so, turned into vicious man-eaters. My younger brother showed heifers his 4 years in high school, Char x Herf his 1st year, Char x Simm the next 3. Lot of work getting them broke to lead, to bathe and clip, etc. His senior year he also got a reg Angus heifer to show. She was born broke, I reckon. Sweetest little heifer I ever saw. As easy to handle as these Jersey nurse cows. After show season each year, he'd turn his show cows in with my grandad's Angus and raise calves each year. Erica ( the reg Angus) stayed broke and gentle.. You could walk up to her anywhere in the pasture, or if she saw you first, she'd come a runnin' to get her scratches. My grandad could walk up to her, put a rope around her neck lead her to the barn and the other cows would follow. Except when she had a calf! For the first 5 or 6 days, she turned into a wounded Cape Buffalo! She'd come after you high headed and snorting and bawling if you got within 50 yards of her. So would grandpa's other angus cows, if we ever tried to get close to a new calf. But, after about a week, suddenly one day Erica would come up to you again, and bring her calf, to get her scratches. You could handle the calf then. It was like a light switch, the way she'd revert back to normal over night. I always wondered if it is some kind of hormonal thing with pure Angus? Most black baldies, Brangus, Chi-Angus etc, aren't like that...but there are individual exceptions, like with any other cow. No more protective than any other kind of cow.

I have a couple cows there is a reason their calves don't get tagged until branding. One went through the fence, forced me to jump into the back of the pickup. I'm at the point where I don't care if they get tagged right away, they will all get one at branding. I can't run so fast anymore.

Before I fractured the vertebrae in my lower back I tagged every new born on the farm . All angus , angus crossed, cows . But this Brahma momma and her daughter are supper protective . The tiger striped horned cow I posted pictures of is her daughter too . She's not that way . I raised the back leg of her new baby to see if it was a heifer or a bull .

Before I fractured the vertebrae in my lower back I tagged every new born on the farm . All angus , angus crossed, cows . But this Brahma momma and her daughter are supper protective . The tiger striped horned cow I posted pictures of is her daughter too . She's not that way . I raised the back leg of her new baby to see if it was a heifer or a bull .
What kind of bull was she bred to, to get a tiger-striped horned calf?