First calf out of my (Gilmore) Gizmo Angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Tried to get him to stand up but he was having no part of it . Even picked him up and he laid back down . 😂 Should of read he wouldn't get up

5-6 later this fall and then all next year will be his , around 25. This gal was bulling the day I turned him out . He was pretty funny trying to figure out which was the business end of that cow .

Here's Gizmo Raindance. I was a little worried bringing him from Bahia grass and lush winter rye to our predominantly fescue pastures. But he has grown well and is getting the job done .
View attachment 32032
No guarantees but the selection for/acclimation to heat and humidity and slick hair is a good indicator of fescue tolerance.
He's a handsome devil.

Here's Gizmo Raindance. I was a little worried bringing him from Bahia grass and lush winter rye to our predominantly fescue pastures. But he has grown well and is getting the job done .
View attachment 32032
I have always been weary of bringing anything onto fescue pastures that was not raised on fescue. Have you noticed any issues with that? He sure doesn't look like it bothers him any.

I have always been weary of bringing anything onto fescue pastures that was not raised on fescue. Have you noticed any issues with that? He sure doesn't look like it bothers him any.
I have not . Got him in the fall . Went through the winter eating hay only , no feed of any type . Best minerals I can feed . He has matured and kept his weight and even grown . Our pastures are mostly fescue but I'd say more mixed grass with white clover . He didn't have to breed the whole herd but now all 40 are his . About 25 spring calvers and 15 fall ones . I credit his breeding and genetics. The Gilmores do a great job with their breeding program.

Latest posts