Angus Hereford cross cow to simangus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

GG2

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this and had luck? I want to have baldy calves with high wean weights of Simmental with black hide.

I think the Angus Hereford cross with a black Simmental bull would be a good one, but you have to begin with the end in mind. What is your end goal supposed to be, and what are you starting with? Do you already have the Angus Hereford cross cows?

cloud9cattle":11erxz04 said:
Black Cows On A Baldie Simmie Bull. Id Lose the hereford your going to sacrafice growth and udder quality.
:bs: this cross works just fine around here. Never seen one with bad udders and the growth is excellent in the cross. SimAngus and Simmental are getting popular in many areas and they are used on the commercial cows around here.

What percent of bald calves will you get running just a bald bull and black cows because all I want the Hereford is for the bald face. I have all black angus cows as of today.

It is used quite a bit around my area. The calves seem to grow like weeds and are muscley. Yet if you're gonna keep them as replacement heifers I couldn't tell you what kind of cows they would make. Farms around here just feed the calves out.

Taurus":2fpv63dj said:
cloud9cattle":2fpv63dj said:
Black Cows On A Baldie Simmie Bull. Id Lose the hereford your going to sacrafice growth and udder quality.
:bs: this cross works just fine around here. Never seen one with bad udders and the growth is excellent in the cross. SimAngus and Simmental are getting popular in many areas and they are used on the commercial cows around here.

Maybe its that texas atmosphere. Herefords work well when crossed with something with a little ear. Other than that the angus hereford back on simmie cross result would struggle. Also notice alot of pinkeye problems and bad quarters. Not saying this is true in all parts of the country if i was further north id have simangus cows on a hereford bull.

cloud9cattle":jxveq5xx said:
Taurus":jxveq5xx said:
cloud9cattle":jxveq5xx said:

Maybe its that texas atmosphere. Herefords work well when crossed with something with a little ear. Other than that the angus hereford back on simmie cross result would struggle. Also notice alot of pinkeye problems and bad quarters. Not saying this is true in all parts of the country if i was further north id have simangus cows on a hereford bull.
Pinkeye occurs in all breeds. I have more pink eyes in Angus cows than black baldies and Hereford. Also bad udders can occurs in any breeds.

I don't know but I'm putting a big Hereford bull on one of my Baldies and I'll bet you that it tastes real good.......:)

Gators Rule":k5bx1yue said:
I think the Angus Hereford cross with a black Simmental bull would be a good one, but you have to begin with the end in mind. What is your end goal supposed to be, and what are you starting with? Do you already have the Angus Hereford cross cows?

:???:

Latest posts