simangus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

gitnby

Reaction score
looking for 14-24 month commerical simangus bull....white face prefered but not required . middle tennessee......thanks

looking for 14-24 month commerical simangus bull....white face prefered but not required . middle tennessee......thanks
Color? Heterozygous/homozygous?

Sad that color is the criteria we need to know. Before CAB we would be asking about conformation preferences, birth weights, and other things that matter.

Any chance you will put "middle Tennessee" on your profile so it doesn't need to be specified in the future?

Some Simangus sales coming up in Alabama before long if they haven't already had them . Most south of Montgomery. I'll have to get my Alabama cattlemen's magazine to look them up .

C-K Cattle sale, just south of Montgomery, will have a large number of SimAngus. Not sure of the date.

I don't know about commercial bulls, but there are several Simmental breeders in Middle Tennessee. I've seen Ligon Simmentals advertise bulls for sale in the Tennessee Cattlemen's magazine. Here's a link to the Tennessee Simmental page. https://tnsimmental.org/members.php

At the Gibbs sale today,
131 Bulls sold for an average of $6,252
137 Bred Females averaged $3,611
57 Open Females averaged $2,824

About 40 simmental bulls and rest were simangus. 11 of them 10,000+. Still several in the 2xxx and 3xxx range as well. Pretty good average for "crossbred" bulls.

Very nice and high (very high) selling open heifer went to SW Virginia to a neighbor of @kenny thomas

At the Gibbs sale today,
131 Bulls sold for an average of $6,252
137 Bred Females averaged $3,611
57 Open Females averaged $2,824

About 40 simmental bulls and rest were simangus. 11 of them 10,000+. Still several in the 2xxx and 3xxx range as well. Pretty good average for "crossbred" bulls.

Very nice and high (very high) selling open heifer went to SW Virginia to a neighbor of @kenny thomas
Did you go, @simme ? I had planned on it, but things came up. The 57 open females....were they all heifers?

Did you go, @simme ? I had planned on it, but things came up. The 57 open females....were they all heifers?
My wife and I made a quick trip yesterday to look at one sire group I wanted to see. I watched most of the sale online today.
The 57 were all fall born 2022 heifers ready to breed. Bred females included 87 two year olds and rest mostly 3 year olds and a few 4 to 6 year olds, all soon to calve. Also sold 4 embryo pregnancies.
Top selling bull - $31,000
Top bred - $16,000
Top open - $11,000

Latest posts