SimAngus heifers.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
These two are bred due to calve around October. They are by a black Simmental, one is from a registered Angus cow a Hoover Dam daughter, the other is from a commercial BWF cow. They are bred to an Angus bull.
The bull is registered Simmental close to 14 months. Will probably turn him out with some fall calving cows in late November. D5D96E7D-9722-41F2-9654-6DB64C2306EF.jpegE14EBD26-F518-40F3-97BD-31054CC1681B.jpeg8E81BF6F-1490-43C2-A083-31AF9BC3BA35.jpegA0354142-3DDF-4BB4-8CE3-91B7131DB913.jpeg710ABD46-EF8C-4BED-A215-FBF06639E809.jpeg

Impressed with your cattle. I retained three black heifers by a Sim-Angus bull and they calved this spring. I like them but they are not nearly as thick and well muscled as your heifers.
I also like your bull. He is not the typical black bull so popular around here but I am sure you are looking forward to some nice bwf or mottled face calves.

Impressed with your cattle. I retained three black heifers by a Sim-Angus bull and they calved this spring. I like them but they are not nearly as thick and well muscled as your heifers.
I also like your bull. He is not the typical black bull so popular around here but I am sure you are looking forward to some nice bwf or mottled face calves.
Thank you.
We are really pleased with those heifers, we only got 4 calves by their sire before he got injured. I always thought that the other 2 bull calves weren't quite as good as the heifers.
Yeah I will be glad to get some calves by that Red Bull. A large percentage of our calves will be red by him as most of our cows are either Herefords or heterozygous black cows. Kind of used to red calves as we used hereford bulls for a few years and our oldest bull is mostly Angus but heterozygous black.
Hoping this bull will put some more growth into the calves to offset not being black.

Latest posts