Angus do have muscle.

Help Support CattleToday:

ccc

Reaction score
DAJS_All_Star_M243_fx.JPG

There has been talk on here that Angus don't have butts, especially American Angus. What do you think about this Texas bred bull?

Looks good, but that's not the poster boy I would be using for promoting Angus cattle with muscle.

Who is the bull?

He's a 3 year old son of Famous. Here's a pic of one of his first progeny at 10 months old
rear.jpg
[/img]

Nice looking bull, but still not a exteme amount of muscle expression. He looks like he has more finish then natural muscle. Put him on about 30 head for 60 days in the pasture, then send in a picture of him. :D

His calf is also fitted. Got any pics of just pasture calves?

I appreciate the comments. I don't think he is extremely muscled at all but he is above average. You can't see it in the pic without a rear view but he has a lot of lower quarter.

As a bull gets fleshier where do you think the fat goes?

The widest part of a bulls body should be mid quarter........aka his stifle.

I thought we were talking about the lower hind quarter not the mid quarter and most bulls are widest through there hips and get narrow in there lower quarter.

It said a more muscular animal will be wider in the lower quarter and a fatter animal will be wider in the hip :D

You ultrasound for rump fat on the hip.

You do ultrasound on the hip but check where the clipper marks are and where the stifle is.

The stifle is the lower quarter not the mid quarter or the hip.

Check out the link that Lakading posted.

Jump muscle is above the stifle on the topline.

I do agree the bull is covered how else could you get one so smooth but he is also muscular.

Read the whole link Lakading posted.

Muscle is not flat or square. It's round, not smooth. Muscle can be somewhat covered by fat but only on average muscle cattle.

Here's a few bulls that would(I think) have an acceptable
level of muscle(meat):

minuteman2.jpg

parknook_mustang2.jpg

thumbsup2.jpg

tj1.jpg

SEC":3emk36fe said:
I agree with 1848!

Muscle isn't in the lower quarter, that's where the finish is!

:shock: :roll:

OK Jeanne nice looking greys plenty of muscle for the breed but they are not the same breed as the black bull.

Latest posts